“We loved it and this was our 4th visit, we will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Queen's Landing

Queen's Landing
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“We loved it and this was our 4th visit, we will be back!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel with a view of sail boats on the water. The service is excellent. For instance I came out of my room with an ice bucket in hand and one of the maids took it from me and filled it up and brought it back to my room. The bellmen would drive us uptown so we could conserve our energy for shopping! The waitresses in the dining room were very attentive and explained the menu thoroughly, besides being attractive and nice. I lolve to swim in their indoor swimming pool. It has beautiful windows with a view of a very private garden. It is located very near the threaters for the Shaw Productions. I arranged this weekend for 7 people and they have called to thank me.

Room Tip: I hav e stayed on the first floor where the rooms have fireplaces!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nancy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Read great reviews about this hotel and weren't disappointed. The staff was with few exceptions, outstanding and extremely helpful. The decor is beautiful and classy. The rooms are nicely decorated. There were some minor glitches such as a noisy AC unit necessitating a move, slow elevators, broken ice machine etc. All of these together are not to be expected at a place in this price range. But the kind and gracious staff seem to make up for a lot of liittle glitches.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ArmyDoc80
Toronto
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our recent stay at Queen's Landing. The hotel is picturesque and resembles an early 1900s mansion. On the inside, the guest rooms are very clean and modern.

The hotel is located right on the lake. it is a short walk to the Shaw Festival theatre and Fort George. There is also a free shuttle service that runs 24hrs and takes you to most of the attractions in the region.

The fitness centre is quite well equipped and also includes an outdoor covered pool.

There were a few minor glitches with the service. When the room was cleaned, the coffee packets were not replenished. At the front desk, they only have decaf refills. Also, we purchased the breakfast package, but still got charged for our breakfast even after reminding the restaurant staff. However, we were happy that the front desk staff corrected this on checkout.

Overall, we were pleased with the value and hope to return sometime in the near future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnlu2
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank-you for your lovely comments on the decor and offerings at Queen's Landing. I'm sorry there was some confusion around breakfast charges, certianly we expect that all of your experiences with us seem flawless from check-in to dining and beyond.
Niagara on the Lake Ontario Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Usually go at Christmas. You have never seen decorations like they have. Decided on a little R&R this May before peak tourist season. Great service,rooms, front desk staff and a viev of the Niagara River and Fort Niagara on the American side. If you go on a Sunday their brunch is the best I have ever had. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in this place.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Heinz3674
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My husband had a business trip to this region of Canada in June this year, and luckily, I was able to tag along. The hotel overlooked the channel leading into Lake Ontario. The room was beautiful and included a fireplace which we did not take advantage of since the weather was so perfect. This is one of Canada's best kept secrets. It is in the heart of their wine country, and has many historical points to the town.

The beds in the hotel were amazing. They included a fiber bed on top of the mattress and fiber pillows made by the same manufacturer which the hotel will actually sell to you! I have never slept so comfortably anywhere else in my life!

I would love to go back to this area again, someday to do some more exploring, and to have more time to see the town by horse draw carriage. Yes, they actually have carriages lined up near one of the historic hotels that take you thru town and give you the history of the region. So sweet!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank-you for your lovely review, Niagara on the Lake has so much to offer. I hope you are able to come back soon and enjoy a romantic dinner on the patio and a memorable carriage ride to complete your experience.
I’m glad to hear that you had the most comfortable sleep of your life here at the Queen’s Landing Hotel! We have recently been voted #1 hotel in Ontario by Condé Nast Magazine, an award such as this is a direct reflection of our guests' satisfaction and our team's commitment to providing an exceptional experience.

Lily Kszan
Toronto
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel is beautiful but not as nice as the Prince of Wales hotel. We took the shuttle to the Pillar and Post for dinner....it was the most amazing dinner ever. Spectacular!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This is a very nice hotel and very classy. Each night of my stay a rose was placed on my pillow -- made me feel very welcome and special...I am sure this doesn't cost the hotel much but goes a long ways towards making the guest feel special. I would also come back to my room every evening and the staff had been in and turned my radio to play nice light jazz...between that soft music and the rose it totally relaxed me the second I walked through the door of my room. Beautiful antiques and artwork as well in all of the public areas which I enjoy and which add to the ambience.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GMQueenslanding, General Manager at Queen's Landing, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank-you for your comments, it's nice to know our guests enjoy the roses!
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Lily Kszan