“Overall Very Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Prince of Wales

Prince of Wales
Burlington
“Overall Very Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were at the Prince of Wales hotel for Valentines Day. It was a great experience all in all. The Churchill Lounge was fantastic - pricey for what you get but that was expected. The Staff of the hotel were very friendly from the front desk to the cleaning staff and the waitresses. One opportunity for this hotel would be to improve some of the rooms, the one we were in was pretty dated which i know could be what they are going for in a classic hotel however paint is needed in areas and things that would aesthetically make the hotel look better.

The location is fantastic right on the main strip of Niagara on the Lake downtown. Parking was included which was nice as all the extras are a pain at most places when you are already spending a good amount of money.

All in all great!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Toronto ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

You will enjoy your stay here. It is impressive with its beauty, historic features and charm. The food is very good. Service good. The service for dinner was better in the evenings at the restaurant then for breakfast. A few things to point out: they charge a $15.00 resort fee per day, you'll want to ask to be in main building as rooms in outer wing we found noisy and not nearly as nice. It can be a expensive weekend with add ons and such just be prepared :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Just recently stayed here through a travel zoo voucher . Half price room with breakfast . I failed to read prier reviews and didn't know to ask for a room in main building. Had a very long walk up and down stairs to room which was located in another building.
Have to have room key handy to enter building while carrying luggage
Pool salt water located in main building was nice to use before a dinner in main restaurant
Dinner was with a wine pairing but menu of this was different than on there Web Site. Still very nice .
Room and bathroom very tidy and clean and staff very pleasant . Overall will come back if can find a deal for rooms .
Assuming it is the time of year but almost all the stores on walking tour closed at 500pm

Room Tip: Check to see if your room can be located in main building . Check in is at 3pm, Tea time is over...
Dunnville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Recently held a 2 &1/2 day retreat for our sales team at this hotel. Rarely when you get 12+ people attending an event is the feed back all positive but everyone had only good things to say. From the moment of check in the staff was friendly and efficient. During our Welcome Reception held in the Drawing Room, Training sessions in the Belfountain Room and formal dinner in Three Feathers room, service provided exceeded our expectations. Everyone in our group enjoyed the setting, the unique characteristics of each of the rooms and services offered by the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a week ago on a deal I bought on Travelzoo. First of all, everything I was promised in the deal was honoured without me having to request it or having to remind anybody. I was also treated with the same respect and courtesy as the other guests which made my stay all the more better.

Upon entering the hotel i was overtaken with how BEAUTIFUL the lobby was. Not one inch of the hotel wasn't covered in a shimmer of gold or the smooth texture of dark Victorian wood. I felt I was in Kensington Palace! My cousin and I asked about a million questions to the lady at the front desk and she was more than happy to answer each one with confidence and patience.

We stayed on a room on the 3rd floor and it was way nicer than I thought it would be. The decor was consistent with the Victorian theme of the rest of the hotel and it was just the right temperature. Our room was huge and I believe even came with a towel warmer.

Next we ate that the main restaurant. We had an amazing young waiter who was extremely professional and knowledgeable. (Note: this was super bowl Sunday and it didn't seem to faze him a bit). The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD and totally worth every penny.

We then ran up to our room and changed to go to the salt water pool. The pool room was my favourite. It was still decorated in Victorian theme and had several large pictures of Queen Victoria's wedding and of her and Albert's family. I loved these while I relaxed in the pool and couldn't stop staring. We retired to out chambers and then I quickly fell asleep on the very comfortable bed.

The next morning we had a very good breakfast expect the waiter was a bit slow and seemed confused but I think it was just an off day for him and no big deal. We then walked around town and tried to build an appetite for Afternoon Tea! Around this time we were approached by a very helpful man named Jeremy who gave a brief history of the hotel and then offered a quick tour of whole place. We learnt a lot and really enjoyed this added bonus. He seemed to really care and seemed to enjoy his job and I wish I was staying longer just because of him!

The next treat was Afternoon Tea. My cousin and I had the Drawing Room all to ourselves and enjoyed this immensely as it was my cousin's first time experiencing this sort of tea time. Our server was Chrissy and she was the BEST! So friendly and welcoming and never judged us on our questions or behaviour. I actually kind of wished she could have joined us for tea as well. The actual tea was great, the dessert was amazing (I am not a big dessert person) but the sandwiches, which are my favourite part, left me a bit unsatisfied.

All in all I give this hotel 5+ stars and plan on coming back in the summer and probably booking my dream wedding here.

Great touch with the fresh roses all over the hotel.

Jeremy I'd love to keep in touch about news and events at the hotel!

xo

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dundee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Prince of Wales is a bedrock in this charming town north of Niagara Falls, Ontario. Although it's not cheap, you could pay a lot more for less. It's comfortable, well situated, and the staff really aim to please. The bar has an excellent list featuring Canadian wines, and the restaurant is nice. This is a place to spoil yourself for a weekend and not feel bad about it.

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

i was so excited to stay here, we visited Niagara on the lake for shopping and the room was not great in the newer part of hotel and had to walk a mile to get to it. Staff was not that friendly the only thing i really liked about the hotel was the horse and buggy outside. Dont waste your money

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends