“Great Location and Fabulous City”
Review of Prince of Wales

Prince of Wales
Reviewed January 18, 2014

A terrific location and a wonderful city to visit. The rooms were quite nice in this hotel. Niagara on the Lake is a very special place with beautiful scenery, including amazing flowers on the street, views of Lake Ontario, the Niagara River, and lots of parks and open areas.

The multiple offerings of terrific shows from April to October makes trips to Niagara on the Lake more than extremely enjoyable. A great place to visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bills2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed New Years Eve. Room was nice though air duct was dusty & dirty and in need of cleaning. Bed was comfortable, however seating was limited to only one comfortable chair (sample room photo showed two). Room key cards would not work properly and had to be replaced. Dinner service was so so. Had barely received drinks when the appetizers were served. Service level dwindled after main course and was presented with bill before coffee/tea offered (which had to be asked for as it wasn’t offered). Express checkout bill showing double billing for dinner. Had to request over-charges be removed before checkout. Churchill Lounge would have been a good option for dinner. Service was very good in the lounge and prices were quite reasonable.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We just got back from a wonderful overnight stay at the Prince of Wales. We have stayed at this hotel several times, and have never been disappointed. Each time, a different room. This time we had a lovely suite, separate living room, bedroom, and spacious bathroom. The staff here is wonderful. Everyone is so friendly and ready to help, a real asset to the hotel. The fellow at the desk when we checked in even offered to take our bags to the room for us.
We always enjoy the pool, even though I don't swim, I love to "paddle" across the pool. It's a lovely way to finish the day, before retiring to our cozy room.
The beds are so comfortable, with lovely linens. Lots of towels in the bathroom, and even a towel warmer to get those towels ready for when you finish you bath or shower.
We didn't have afternoon tea this time around, but did have breakfast brought to our room. It was perfectly cooked, scrambled eggs, poached eggs, wonderful bacon, etc. A lovely way to finish our mini vacation.
I should also mention the fellow who brought our breakfast to the room. I believe his name is Juan. He is always extremely pleasant. Always a smile, good morning, is everything as ordered, etc. A very nice man indeed.
We also enjoy the location of The Prince of Wales. Just step out the front door and there are all the lovely little shops, and just a short walk up the street to the lake.
The hotel was also decorated so beautifully with Christmas trees, garlands, and wreaths.
We are looking forward to our return trip in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ilovecuba_13
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I take a regular visit to the Prince of Wales hotel or one of the others in town every New Years week. It is my treat to myself once a year. This year I stayed on December 30. I arrived on a very cold day and the Valet took my car and offered to bring in my bag. I was anxious to just get in and check in so I took my own bag. There was a short line up to check in. The girl on reservations was extremely busy and she never once acted stressed by the fact that she was taking phone calls, helping people who had already checked in, helping other people check in etc. When I got to the point of checking in - the particular room I love and that I had requested months in advance (as an upgrade) was somehow not available. I was very disappointed. I went to look at the room I had been given and it was just not what I had my heart set on. I came back downstairs and tried for another room. Bobbi came to the rescue in order to help the young lady on reservations desk (sorry, I cant remember her name). Bobbi showed me another room which was fabulous and I was extremely happy with that. I got moved in and enjoyed every second. Dinner reservations were also made by me months in advance and re-affirmed the day or two before I arrived and when I arrived and had checked in. I made a point of requesting a table in the window seating area as I love to watch the people coming and going outside and I have an aversion to being in the middle of the room (high needs woman I know). So I checked with the gentleman in the dining room to make sure he knew I had repeatedly made this request and that I was planning on sitting in that area somewhere. He kind of flipped off my request with a , we will do our best. I did not understand how this could not be a solid confirmation, but after having done so much to ensure the setting I felt confident and went away. When my friend and I arrived for dinner - right on time - we were told that the window tables were all gone. I was very upset by this and we proceeded to try to find another suitable table near the windows. I was offered one that I could not manage and pointed to a small side table where you could not really see out the windows without staring at people who were sitting there, however that was that. I tell this story only because even with this disappointment, I did receive an apology and I was given a lovely white rose to help appease my frustration with the issue. Even with this little glitch, I must say it was handled well, and I would recommend anyone who wants a very special experience to go to the Prince of Wales.
I may never be able to afford that particular room again - it was a very wonderful surprise. I will however return every year that I can afford to do so to this beautiful property. This was my retirement gift to myself this year. What a way to go!
Ann

Room Tip: Read the website. Ask questions and know what type of room you want. All the rooms are wonderful...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friend and I sataye for a mommy weekend!! The hotel is just amazing, the were so nice and polite. Got to check in early, are room was amazing, love the touch of flowers! I love the nice warm indoor pool, the gym is amazing. We also spend 3 hours in the spa. I'm love spa and this is far the best spa I have been too. The women were amazing and very professional. It was so relaxing we just stayed, order drinks and hang out. It was an amazing experience and would recommed the hotel to anyone who wants to have a great time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Beautiful stay at this 5 star resort. From the lobby, to the room to the salt water pool - we had an amazing mid-week stay.

We purchased a Travelzoo package at $199 for a Sunday - Thursday stay (we stayed on a Tuesday) that included the following; King suite with fireplace, use of amenities (salt water pool & whirlpool, sauna), local VQA bottle of wine and chocolates in room as well as wine tasting passes to 3 local wineries (Chateau de Charmes, Rief & Pilliteri) and a full breakfast in the main dinning room (our breakfast bill was $55 - most expensive piece of french toast, mint tea and breakfast sandwich we've ever had!).

Friendly, quick and efficient check-in. Bellhop helped us with unloading our bags, taking us up to the room and starting our fireplace for us. Check out was just as good an experience.

Would love to stay again!

Room Tip: King suite with fireplace facing the park was lovely.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I went for my "special" birthday and it was more than I expected. Great location and the room was lovely. Waiting for me (courtesy of my wonderful niece) was a cheese tray and a bottle of bubbly in addition to the bottle of wine and chocolate strawberries provided by the hotel in the package we purchased. Nicely presented. Breakfast next day was prepared by a chef - not just cooked. Nicely presented, great coffee and the server was very attentive. I will definitely return.