“Prince of Wales - Excellent as always.”
Review of Prince of Wales

Prince of Wales
Toronto, Canada
“Prince of Wales - Excellent as always.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Not always but at least the 2 times I have been there.
I have taken my sweetheart there twice now for the Ice Wine Festival and the place is fantastic.
The beds are like giant Marshmellow Pillows and I want to take one home with me. The staff is great - friendly / attentive / humorus at times(Daniel) you where great. Heather and Cooper welcomed us and made us feel almost like family. The food was great and Kim and Chef - Thank you. The Friday night galla - WOW The food - Elk teriene / Risotto with ice wine chutney / goats cheese spoons / pork belly in ice wine / flaugra and the ice wine mouse where all excellent.

I just want to say thanks to all the staff for making our weekend great.

Room Tip: I have been in both the main building and the study building and they are both excellent. The firep...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly E, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Kirk A.

We are delighted you returned to enjoy another successful Ice Wine Festival with us! Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you enjoyed the food at our Friday evening gala which was carefully choosen by our Culinary team. Our wonderful bedding is sold in our gift shop so you could in fact bring it home with you!

We hope you will join us again soon.

Kelly Exelby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Pasadena, California
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I absolutely loved my experience here. The Hotel is absolutely adorable and cozy, the staff is amazingly friendly, kind and so helpful.
The food at Escabeche was exquisite (breakfast). Everything was impecable, The beds were comfortable, and it wasn't noisy at all so we got great rest. It's in the middle of Niagara-on-the-lake, so all the shops are in walking distance.
At the desk, Cooper was of great help and extremely friendly.
We highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing and amazing vacation and we definitely plan on returning soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to the Prince of Wales for a quick overnight as a gift to my mother. We had an absolutely wonderful time and each and every need we had was catered to in a professional and pleasant manner. Both Cooper and Katie at the front desk were awesome! We also had dinner at the hotel and the entire experience was incredible...from the service to the food to the atmosphere. I would highly recommend a vacation or quick getaway at the Prince of Wales. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Paulette G.

We are so delighted you and your mother were able to enjoy a "quick getaway" together at the hotel. Thank you for recognizing both Cooper and Katie at the front desk, they are a true representation of our commitment to exceptional guest service.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent a night at the Prince of Wales in January. This was our first stay here and we really enjoyed it! My husband's holiday party was held here as well, and the food they served for our dinner was amazing! Our room wasn't very large, but was beautifully decorated and was nice and cozy. The bed was very comfortable!! The hotel is in a great location and is right in the heart of Niagara-on-the-Lake. The only downside was brunch which we really didn't enjoy. Really pretty room, but the food in the buffet was quite cold and there wasn't a great selection. Regardless, we had a really nice stay and would definitely return.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Another great stay at PoW. Cooper went way above and beyond. Brad, Kerri, Dan and Bill at Escabeche accommodated then anticipated special dietary needs. Fred Gamula proved again why he is a standout sommelier with great knowledge and genuine charm. While there are many great spots in NOTL (Oban Inn, Harbour House) none can match the extraordinary service of the Prince.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Walkerr144,

Thank you for choosing the Prince of Wales Hotel and taking the time to share your experience. It means so much to our staff to receive such high praise for their service and continues to inspire them every day! We are pleased to hear our team in Escabeche was able to anticipate your special dietary needs and provide the ultimate dining experience.

We look forward to welcoimg you back in the near future.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Prince of Whales this past Saturday night for our anniversary. It was during the ice wine festival so we knew it was going to be busy.

The hotel was amazing! The room is beautiful (I love Victorian) and very spacious. We loved the fireplace and the large soaker/jet tub. The bed was very comfortable!

The check in was an easy process, as well as the check out. Cooper was behond the desk and is an amazing asset to the hotel. He is very knowledgeable about the town and surrounding area, restraunts, attrations and what not. He was very helpful, and genuinely kind. The Ice west festivites in town were cancelled on the Sunday due to high winds so Cooper gave us a bunch of passes to go visit the wineries in the area for tours, which I thought was just great!

We went fo a swim before dinner on Saturday, and oh my, I love that pool. It was as warm as a bath, which is great on such a coldJjanuary day. I also really likes how the hot tub spilled over into the pool, and that the room the pool is in really suits the style of the hotel. Beautiful, I could have spent the whole day swimming!

I had a massage at the spa on Sunday morning and it was great. Andrea has very strong hands and my deep tissue massage was perfect. She knew just the right spots and really listened when I said where I was in pain. The changeroom at the spa is also amazing. Even the sinks and toilets are pretty! lol

The only downfall about this hotel is the extention. Our room was not in the main building, so you have to exit one door, and walk outdoors about 10-15 feet to the extention. The problem with this is the walkway is completely open. It was a mild January for us, but any wind, snow or rain would be an issue. Many couples we saw, including us, changed into our swim suits and robes in our rooms before going for a swim and this would have been better is we did not have to freeze to get to the main building. They should really consider putting a glass dome or some sort of encloser over/around that walkway.

Overall, I would deffinatly recomend the hotel, it may cost a bit more than the average, but you get what you pay for and this hotel is far beyond average. We are looking forward to out next visit!

Room Tip: We had a traditional king, which was amazing, but I would probably ask for a room within the main be...
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My girlfriends and I just spent the weekend at the Price of Wales and from the moment we walked into the Hotel until the moment we left, we were treated like Royalty! We experienced over the top friendly customer service from both Cooper and Bobbi at the front desk. The food at dinner was amazing with once again exceptional customer service by Jeremy, Fred and Jack. Loved our room and especially the added touch of a rose on our pillow at night. Great service from Daniel at Breakfast which was amazing. We took part in the wine tour which did not give us alot of time to use all the facilities that the Hotel had to offer. We did however get a facial at the Spa which was incredible. We had such a wonderful time and can't wait to come back! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends