We booked here again because of our previous experience. Wanting to see Niagara on the Lake during Christmas time (I had heard it was absolutely beautiful) and do a little Christmas shopping. We were not disappointed. The room was beautiful and we were greeted by the staff in a friendly manner wishing us both a Happy Birthday. Our room had fresh roses and wine on ice, a nice touch my husband had ordered but well worth it. I think there was also some fresh fruit if my memory serves me correctly. The room was beautifully decorated, stunning bathroom with jacuzzi tub and it was nice and quiet. The food was excellent as usual but for dinners we opted to visit outside of the hotel and try some new things. Be sure to visit Zee's Grill - Lobster Poutine, everything we ordered was so good we left a thank you note and an enormous tip. Everything was top notch. Back to the hotel - we had a couples massage and our massage therapists were great! Much improved from our last visit.
The linens in our room were soft, bed was cozy, television in working order and having the music on and playing softly was a nice touch upon our arrival.
The staff is always friendly and welcoming, the valet is professional and always on time. The carriage ride this time was a little chilly (no cozy blanket) but our guide was friendly and gave us information we did not receive on our previous visit.
The surrounding shops and boutiques are really quite lovely. It happened to be the day of their Santa Clause parade so we got to enjoy that as well.
Never a disappointing trip and we will shortly be booking our wedding anniversary there as well. No matter what time of year this location does not disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinguished leisure and business travellers alike seek the elegance and refinement of the Victorian Age embodied in this treasured landmark hotel located directly on the main street of Niagara-on-the-Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Prince of Wales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Prince Wales Hotel Niagara Lake
- Prince Wales Niagara Lake