“Beautiful and Romantic Atmosphere”
Review of Prince of Wales

Prince of Wales
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is our fourth stay at Prince of Wales. We come back for the excellent and friendly service, the historic victorian building and decor, the top quality restaurants, and comfortable, well-appointed room.

Room Tip: There are two corner executive suites with fireplace. Highly recommended if you can get one.
2  Thank Thomas S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Our return to Prince of Wales was rewarding...the room was excellent and attention to detail was exceptional. The staff was very helpful and so was the overall service. For romantic get-a-way there is nothing better in NOTL. The location is great; you step out and are on the main street of the old town. With beautiful park across the street for early morning or late afternoon stroll the hotel is in a perfect location.

Room Tip: For good coffee and freshly baked croissants the Balzac's Cafe is just across the street. Good a...
1  Thank PeterO709
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We had an awesome time. Your staff was amazing (Mitch, Bobbi...). We have never been teated so good anywhere before. My new wife felt like she was treated like a princess, which went right along with her wedding day feeling. The staff went beyond their duties to satisfy our needs. I had a very nasty allergic reaction to the horse and buggy ride. My eyes were closed shut. I had no medicine with me, My wife (I love her so) was exhausted....so "Mitch" offered to go to the drug store for us. Man, that just blew us away. Thank-you!!!

All the staff were sooo friendly & professional at everything they did for us & other guests.
We do plan on going back to The Prince of Wales for our 1st Anniversary, our 2nd, our 3rd, & so on. I miss the place already......

Trust me you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We only went once. The rooms facing Queen st. would be the ideal rooms. Balcony, morning coffee or t...
1  Thank Roboron7
MichelleGMPW, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Roboron7,

Congratulations on your wedding! I am so happy to know that my team made it extra special for you both on this momentous occasion. Thank you for highlighting the attentive and friendly service that you received from Bobbi and Mitch. I will be sure to share this post with them personally. We would be honoured to have you continue the tradition each year with us!
Have a great summer,
Michelle Miller

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was our was our first visit to NOTL and the Prince of Wales for our 10th wedding anniversary. ALL the staff were very welcoming, helpful, prompt & well informed. There was even a card from the manager wishing us happy anniversary! Nice touch. The hotel was beautiful and our King Suite was fabulous. We have never stayed in a more beautiful room. The bed was very comfortable and most importantly the room was very quiet. We had breakfast, dinner and high tea at the hotel. The food was delicious and the servers very skilled and friendly. The location was perfect - you are within walking distance to everything. Just park the car an enjoy. The pool and hot tub was relaxing and there were many towels available poolside. We highly recommend this hotel for a nice get away anytime. We will be back!

1  Thank John S
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My two sister friends and I celebrated our 50th Birthday and girls' weekend away. We had a wonderful stay in the lovely Prince of Wales. The staff and reception were friendly and helpful. Our premium room was very spacious with a small fridge, jacuzzi tub and spa products. However, we were situated at the back of the hotel, close to the pool and we could smell the chlorine. We were also presented with a rose every evening, chocolates and oranges. We had High Tea and enjoyed the sunny day overlooking Queen Street. I plan to go back for another weekend stay with my husband sometime soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joanna D
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My wife surprised me with a night at the hotel for my birthday. Some of the main hotel rooms are a bit over stuffed (in the classic Victorian tradition) but the front desk--especialy Athena who was so very helpful--were great at selecting a perfect room. Was large, open suite with a balcony ion the Studio section and was very beautiful and tastefully decorated. A nice chocolate treat was delivered for my birthday, and a card, and the service was excellent. Staff carried our bag, arranged for a car to the restaurant etc. Breakfast was very good, warm friendly service.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk staff to make sure you get a room you like. It is an old property and while a...
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I booked a night at this hotel for my parents as a Mother's Day and Father's Day gift. They had the time of their life!! They said they had never been treated so well in any hotel, anywhere!! First of all, the room was gorgeous, tastefully decorated and cozy. The staff were all incredible!! They just could not do enough for you. When you phoned for something, they were knocking on your door almost before you hung up the phone, the front desk staff were so friendly and helpful and the dining room staff were also outstanding. The service and overall quality was definitely fit for a King or Queen!!! Absolutely no complaints at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Geritoronto
MichelleGMPW, General Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

I am thrilled to know that we made you proud! It was a special gift for you to send your parents to Prince of Wales to celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day. Thank you for sharing your story, Kind Regards, Michelle