“Fine wine; fine dining; very fine tour!”

Niagara Vintage Wine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Niagara Vintage Wine Tours invites you to tour and taste in Niagara-on-the-Lake while enjoying an educational, personal and professional experience. Learn along the way as you tour Ontario’s largest underground barrel cellar and visit Niagara’s best wineries, while sampling the rarest and best wines. We offer a variety of different tours to fit your schedule and budget, including Cheese Tasting tour, lunch and dinner and corporate tours. We also offer transportation to and from your accommodations.
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Fine wine; fine dining; very fine tour!”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

With visitors from Brazil, Calgary, Toronto and Niagara, I wanted my 40th birthday to be special, and because of Niagara Vintage Wine Tours it sure was!

The owners even provided a 5-L party bottle as a birthday gift -- and a nice memento. I really appreciated that.

There were 26 of us, and things went very smoothly. We booked the evening tour, which lasted from about 4:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. (three wineries in Niagara-on-the-Lake and dinner at Casa Mia in Niagara Falls).

Pondview had excellent wine for the first vintage of a ‘boutique’ winery. My party goers raved about their ice wine.

Pilliteri is always great. My favourite Pinot Grigio is from there! They were extremely generous with their wine tasting. I think they gave everyone 5 different wines plus ice wine. They even gave me, as the birthday boy, a taste of their special sparkling ice wine. Nice touch! All of this was in a private wine tasting room.

Hillebrand/Trius was a classy one to end the tour. Again, this was in a private wine tasting room so we received special attention.

The tour guide was great throughout — very knowledgeable, friendly and humourous.

Casa Mia was superb. The food was excellent. The service was excellent. And so was the ambience.

I HIGHLY recommend Niagara Vintage Wine Tours! You and your guests are in for a great experience.

All the best to Chris and Gabriela at Niagara Vintage Wine Tours too. They were very responsive, accommodating and personable. Because of them, I have a milestone birthday that I and 25 friends can fondly remember for many years to come.

Dean
Port Dalhousie/St. Catharines, ON

• Korean first
London, Ontario, Canada
“This tour made our trip!”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I recently went on NVWT's half day wine tour with my girlfriend as both a celebration of her birthday and our one year anniversary together. I just wanted to say we had an awesome time. Our tour guide Dan was the best, very knowledgeable and answered every question we threw at him. He also made us feel very welcome, and traveling in small groups in several vehicles made the tour feel more personal. I liked the fact that the tour visited some of the smaller wineries like Pondview and Coyote's Run, as it allowed us to try something a little different other than the big commercial brands. I also believe that the instruction received on how to properly taste wine has greatly improved how I enjoy a glass. My girlfriend and I both thoroughly enjoyed our tour, and would recommend both this tour and our guide Dan to anyone interested in doing a wine tour.

Bracebridge, Canada
“It was fine wine, fine dining and fine company!”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Last week a friend and I spent two days in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake. We were able to make a last-minute booking for the dinner tour with Niagara Vintage Wine Tours. Our quick decision was made after reading a very positive blog about this company. I am happy to say that the tour more than met all of our expectations! We were picked up at five o'clock (on the dot) at the inn where we were staying. My first impression was a good one as we stepped into a spacious, spotlessly clean vehicle. Our tour guide Chris (also the owner of the company) was friendly, helpful and incredibly knowledgeable about grape growing and wine making. His lively, informative conversation made the drive between wineries as much fun as the visits. Chris' positive relationship with the managers of the wineries was made obvious by their friendly greetings and the genuine attention we received. We were able to fully discuss each wine as we were tasting it. Our many questions were answered in detail and we were given lots of interesting information about the history of the families who owned the businesses. The overall feeling was of unhurried, genuine friendliness and pride in the production of quality Ontario wines. The tour of three wineries was followed by an excellent dinner (with wine pairings for each course) at Tony de Luca's Wine Country Restaurant. Each course was equally delicious and attractively presented. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. When we were delivered back to our inn at ten-thirty we felt as though we had received excellent value for our money, having learned a great deal about wine production, wine tasting, and the Niagara grape growing region. We tasted excellent wines, ate delicious food and had fun talking to friendly people. What more could you ask for? I am now exploring the Ontario Wines section of the LCBO with new -found knowledge! I would definitely recommend this tour and hope to make a return visit next year.

Fort Drum, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best thing to do in Niagara!”
Reviewed September 14, 2010

My wife and I recently went to Niagara. We were celebrating our one year anniversary and I wanted to make it special. I booked with NVWT because after talking to several tour companies, they sounded the most professional and were honestly the most friendly. They returned all of my calls promptly, which was another plus. I had no problems with the pick up time and they gave us a time around when they would be there, the guy actually had to wait on us and he did, with no complaint at all. I forget our tour guides name (sorry!!) but he had just gotten his sommelier certification and his knowledge was vast. I learned many things about wine and the wineries that we went to were amazing. The last place we went to, a larger winery in the area, we were allowed to try any and all wines on the flight list that we wanted, no limit! The tour was amazing and dinner at Chef Tony Deluca's was amazing as well This company has everything together. The site is direct and informative. I would use this company again and this time do the private tour. This was the most amazing time I have ever had on any vacation! Thank you to Niagara Vintage Wine Tours for a GREAT time.

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing experience with an extremely knowledgeable guide”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Took the full day wine tour with 4 other people for our friend's birthday. I was really super impressed with the responsiveness and helpfulness of the owner and staff in helping to book this tour as there are so many different options out there and this was my first wine tour.

The ease of contact and level of communication in booking the tour made me feel extremely comfortable that the company was credible.

The tour itself was super amazing. We could not have asked for a better tour. The tour company picked us up in their van which was extremely clean. The tour guide was super friendly and extremely knowledgeable. We could ask her the most obscure question about wine and she could provide us with a detailed answer.

The tour was fun and had a high education factor.

If you are going to do one tour in Niagara-on-the-Lake, do it with Niagara Vintage Wine Tours.... you won't be dissapointed!!!