“A perfect engagement!!!”

Niagara Vintage Wine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Niagara Vintage Wine Tours invites you to tour and taste in Niagara-on-the-Lake while enjoying an educational, personal and professional experience. Learn along the way as you tour Ontario’s largest underground barrel cellar and visit Niagara’s best wineries, while sampling the rarest and best wines. We offer a variety of different tours to fit your schedule and budget, including Cheese Tasting tour, lunch and dinner and corporate tours. We also offer transportation to and from your accommodations.
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Let me start off by saying if you're thinking of doing a wine tour, this is THE ONLY company you should be considering! Chris and his team are incredible!
Now then...where to begin?
My fiancé and I are really into good food and wine and haven't been on a tour in a couple of years...and I wanted to take her to Niagara to propose. I looked into a number of wine tour companies, but thought I'd call Chris at Niagara Vintage because the reviews were so good. Needless to say, he was awesome. I explained my plan for the weekend and told him I wanted the proposal to include a wine tour with an outdoor dinner. Chris laid out the options and assured me that all would be done to ensure every detail was taken care of and that the staff at the restaurant / winery would be made aware of our engagement to ensure a great table with a great view.

As advertised, our ride picked us up right on time at our hotel. Much to our delightment and surprise, we didn't get picked up in a mini bus (as planned). Chris decided to send us a private black Mercedes with our own driver for the tour! He said it was on him and was his way of making our day extra special.....what a touch! Dave. Our driver, was amazing. Very knowledgable, tons of fun and totally accommodating. He gave us the scenic tour and told us all kinds of inside info.
I won't get into too much detail about the tour ... You need to experience it for yourself. I will say that it all was incredible with great wine and amazing food. The staff at Hillebrand expected us and gave us the best seat in the house, as well as complimentary bubbly (note we did the dinner tour package... Well worth it!).
Tip: make sure to point out if you're having a special occasion.... They'll have sparkling extras everywhere you stop!). The only thing thAt could have improved the overall experience would have been if the wineries offered a little more choice for tasting. Most were good, but we felt there were few choices of reds in general having said that, everything was still near perfection thanks Chris! You guys mAde this an amazing day for us! If you're choosing a tour company, this really is the oy choice. Oh.......she said yes! :)

Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I were in Niagara on the Lake for 2 nights and we booked this tour. Dan picked us up in his lovely air conditioned Merc and along with another couple took us to three vineyards to taste the wine and learn more about the wine/vineyards. Dan was very informative and friendly and made us feel so comfortable. The wines were wonderful and we loved every moment of our tour. When it was over, we were taken to the Riverbend Hotel for our dinner where we were served a really lovely meal with more wine.
It was the highlight of our holiday for sure!

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Our full day tour through 4 wineries in Niagara-On-the-Lake was spectacular. Our guide was down to earth, informative and friendly. We had an excellent day at well chosen wineries and a fantastic fine dining lunch experience. I would recommend any tour operated by this company. Relaxed and educational, classy yet comfortable. Great day, can't wait to do it again. Our elegant Bride to be couldn't have been happier! Thank you!

Reviewed June 20, 2011

We did a Niagara vintage wine tour as part of my sister's bachelorette and had a fantastic time!! Our tour guide Rosemarie met us at our first stop and was very friendly and professional from the start. She was knowledgable about wine and provided us with lots of information throughout the day. One of the girls couldn't have red wine and so Rosemarie made sure she was able to try a few extra whites instead which was very much appreciated. The lunch at The Charles Inn was amazing !! Fine dinning, lovely atmosphere and the server was a lot of fun. After lunch three more wineries with any more samples, lots of wine info and fun!

Overall this day was a great, well organized and ran very smoothly. My only comment would be to ensure that if you are doing the lunch tour you arrive in NOTL early enough to get to the wineries in the morning. We were advised to leave at 10am from Toronto but didn't arrive in Niagara on the lake until noon due to traffic and had to rush a little through the first tour. If we had left at 9am it would have been much better.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Transported in an air-conned Merc by our superbly informed host Chris, we were taken to 3 different vineyards where we were able to taste a full range of wines/ice wines/champagnes whilst enjoying a full tour of Pillitteri's. Each vineyard was able to provide us with a full description of their wines and Chris' own knowledge was a fantastic addition to proceedings. Our tour included dinner which was taken at the Riverbend and our experience just got better as the meal along with their own paired wines was simply amazing. Perfect portions with wonderful service on their veranda provided a stunning end to our evening. Our thanks go to the Vintage team and the vineyards for such a memorable evening. Worth every penny!