“Extraordinary - a great place to visit”

Shaw Festival Theatre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Shaw Festival – bringing great theatre to life in the heart of Niagara Wine Country. One of the world’s finest theatre companies, the Shaw Festival is celebrated for its vivid and exhilarating productions of plays by Bernard Shaw and his contemporaries (1856-1950), and plays about the period of Shaw’s lifetime. Join us for a compelling theatre experience with plays in four theatres from April to October in historic Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. Located between Toronto, ON and Buffalo, NY, near Niagara.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 18, 2014

One of our favorite places to visit, Niagara on the Lake, offers the Shaw Festival each year. Believe that there are 8 - 10 shows that are performed mostly in three separate theaters.

The shows that we have seen have been lots of fun and of great quality. The atmosphere in this small city adds much to each visit. This is a remarkable place with much to do, and with tremendous variety.

2  Thank Bills2018

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Great price for the 30 under 30 special.
Great actors, better performance than expected.
Next best thing to Stratford.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a performance of Major Barbara; excellent direction and acting. We did plan ahead and everything else in town was sold out. Next time, I'll start my ticket hunt 6 months in advance.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We attended the Shaw Festival Theatre with a group from Hamilton-Gibson of Wellsboro, PA. My husband was in a wheelchair and was wheeled into a space on the last room. There was another person in a chair there, also. They fixed it so we were near are respective companions. The show was wonderful and the help was fantastic.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was my second visit to the Shaw Festival Theatre but the first experience of the Studio Theatre. Turned out to be the perfect venue for Stoppard's play .. not only did I have a great seat but the studio theatre ambience added a lot to the production.
The tragic part was I had bought the last available ticket for the show, kept checking back for availability of returned tickets and did not manage to score even one additional ticket. However, it was heartbreaking to see three empty seats -- "no shows" that did not return their tickets!