“Outdoor hot springs... a real treat!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 100 Fountain Spa

100 Fountain Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: 100 Fountain Spa is a long-time favorite for locals and travelers alike. This 13,000 sq. ft. spa was renovated in 2006 and remains one of the finest and top-rated spas in North America. Enjoy its plush spa lounge overlooking the outdoor hot springs as you await your spa pleasure. The luscious interior boasts a rich colour palette complemented by textural stone accents, soft trickling water features and the warmth of elegant woodwork. Indulge in a wide range of aesthetic and body treatments including reflexology, body wraps and signature Vinotherapy spa treatments using grapes from local vineyards. As well, unwind in our year-round outdoor hot springs and indoor saltwater pool during your stay.
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outdoor hot springs... a real treat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

As Pilar & Post guests, we enjoy access to the hot springs located in this spa...a real treat especially in the cooler fall weather!

Visited October 2011
5 Thank Rosanna D

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Let's do it again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

My husband and I came to Niagara-on-the-lake for a short get away and some personal pampering. We made reservations at the Spa for 2 side-by-side pedicures. He doesn't like to admit it, but he likes to get them. We each sipped a glass of wine while having our feet taken care of. It was a great experience. They have nice pedicure lounge chairs so I didn't have to worry about sitting on a hard bench. The hot springs looked fabulous but we were not prepared to use them. We should have been more prepared for that. I would love to plan to come to this spa again.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank FunnOne
Waterloo, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Excellent Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

I have been to this spa twice in the last month: September 25th for a girl's getaway and just recently on October 24th and I have loved it both times!

For the girl's getaway, we had planned an all-day outing in Niagara for a wine tour, with time at the spa and ending with dinner - all at Pillar & Post (where 100 Fountain Spa is located). We booked the authentic trolley wine tour and we were picked up at Pillar and Post (we did not stay over) and dropped right back off after an enjoyable wine tour!

Once we got back, we headed over to the spa and checked in. We had to spend a few minutes filling out the health/medical questionnaire but as soon as you walk into the spa you already catch your first glimpse of the indoor saltwater pool. It is so nice to see with all the foliage and palm tree decorations. After we checked in, we headed straight down to the spa receptionist where we were promptly and courteously given our change room swipe cards and our personal locker keys.

Getting into the change room, we oohed and aahed at how awesome the changerooms were with it's own lounge area and when we opened our lockers, we were greeted with our own fluffy bathrobes and slippers to use! We changed into our bathing suits, donned our fluffy robes and grabbed some towels available to us and we headed first to the hot springs!

*SWOONS* It. is. HEAVEN! The area after you walk in through the doors to the hot springs has a bench to put your slippers and towels and hooks to hang your robes and then there's the entrance into the hot spring INSIDE the building! (This would be especially nice when it's REALLY COLD outside!) So we got in and waded through the door and we were out in the open air! The water was so nice and warm and the jets were on and we were outside underneath the open sky! The hotspring is a little bit smaller than what I had imagined, but the landscaping is beautiful and the water feature is a wonderful touch! There's benches all around the edge fo the hot spring so you can just sit and soak to your heart's content.

After it got too hot for the hot spring, we moved inside to try out the indoor saltwater pool and jacuzzi! The place wasn't very busy so we had the pool to ourselves - there's available loungers and chairs by the pool to just sit and read or enjoy tea or coffee that they have available for you on a side table.

After that, it was time for our massage treatments and we headed back down to the spa lounge which is nice and dimly lit with a bunch of fluffly, overstuffed couches and chairs to relax in until you are picked up by your person! Steve was my masseuse for the next 55 minutes and they have about seven massage rooms so myself and my three other friends were able to be accomodated all at once which was nice, so there was no having to wait for others to finish up, etc. I had the India room which was nice and the massage was WONDERFUL! After the massage, Steve was outside of the room waiting for me with a glass of spa water and delivered my right back to the spa lounge where I snuggled into one of the couches until everyone in my party had returned.

It was *SO* sad to take off our robes and put them back in the locker.

My second visit this past weekend was after we had just finished running the Niagara Marathon (5K for me!). Since I had already experienced a massage, my friend and I signed up for a pedicure and I booked my husband in for a massage. The only thing I have to say about that is I think they have more male masseuses than females, because I forgot to let the booker know that my husband would have probably preferred a female, so on the day of, he got a male masseuse which he said he was fine with anyway, but in case there are any other individuals out there with a certain preference, please let the booking agent know what you would prefer.

Anywho, our pedicures were lovely! We had Maria and Lyndsey for the next 55 minutes and when they heard we had just finished a run, we were treated with a nice (extra long) foot and leg massage (I believe it's included in the 55 minutes anyway, but they made it nice and long which felt AWESOME!). The pedicure thrones had awesome massage functions that my friend and I really enjoyed and it was just an overall really nice experience.

After that, we tried out the hot springs again which was good for the muscles!

Overall, I *LOVE* 100 Fountain Spa. The people are SO friendly, courteous and accomodating, from the arrival to the spa check-in to anyone else that we encountered. The entire spa is beautiful with great attention to detail and it's overall a wonderful place to getaway from the everyday!

The last time we were there, we also spoke with someone who frequents the spa on a regular basis. He indicated that since he found some of the treatment costs to be a little up there (I did too, the 55 minute pedicure was priced at $60 which I thought was a little bit high) but anywho, if you don't want any treatments, for $25, you can get full access to the spa's facilities for the day which I thought was a nice touch without having to put out too much! So just an idea for anyone wanting to spend the day! I will definitely be coming back!

5 Thank SillySkittlez
Livonia, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Rest and Relaxation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

Nice location at Pillar & Post Inn. My mother & I each had an 80 minute Swedish massage and 85 minute deluxe Spa pedicure. It was just down the hall from our room, past the indoor pool and hot tub. The hot springs are downstairs next to the spa lounge and treatment rooms. The environment was not quite as elegant as I had expected, but it was nice all the same. The treatments were all a bit overpriced. It was not possible to guarantee the sex of the therapist for massages or body treatments, which was disappointing. Overall, it was very good, but not quite "excellent".

1 Thank PattyG08
Fonthill, Ont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“another great spa day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

I recently spent the day once again at the 100 Fountain Spa at the Pillar and Post. I decided to treat myself and a family member to a bit of relaxation and fun time. We spent the day being pampered and finished off with a quaint lunch in the lounge. I encourage everyone to spoil themselves at this fabulous spa. I feel like a new woman....