Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$140
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$123
  • Pool
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$186
Agoda.com
White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$119
$115
Travelocity
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$320
$281
$186
South Landing Inn(Queenston)(Great Value!)
$131
$109
Travelocity
All reviewsfirst floormain floorfront porchwonderful experienceromantic weekendstayed for nightsliving roomqueen stevery morninghousewineriesfireplaceshaw
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This charming B&B is located only a block from the intersection of King and Queen Streets in a very quiet and peaceful neighborhood. The Irish Harp, Grill on King, theaters, carriage rides and shopping are literally just around the corner. The Cocoa Bean Room was clean and well-appointed though your private bath is detached and across the hall. This was fully disclosed both on the inn's website and by the proprietor upon placing reservations. This arrangement posed no problems during our stay but some may find this inconvenient or uncomfortable. The Nutmeg Room appeared to be another wonderful option. However, the Vanilla Bean Room on the first floor is not as private as the two on the second though mobility issues or difficulty climbing stairs may make this a preferred choice.

Bill & Maddie were the owners and hosts during our stay from 9/27 thru 9/29/13. They were very gracious and provided us with a positive experience. However, they may soon be selling the inn to be closer to family and we obviously cannot attest to how any future owner may manage this property.

• Stayed: September 2013
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay. All our rooms appeal to different people and most don't mind their private bath being three steps away from their bedroom as it is the most economical room. Many have told me what they save on this room buys them lunch each day so its a wonderful trade off for them.

When our son and daughter in law were married here and had the choice of the house, they chose the Cocoa Bean room for their wedding night!

Hopefully you'll come back and enjoy the experience with the new owner!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband took me to Copper Lane for my birthday and it was wonderful!

We stayed in the Nutmeg Room, which large and tastefully decorated, on the second floor. It has windows everywhere and a corner gas fireplace. It has a huge en suite washroom with a lovely tub and shower. Very comfortable room and based on quick peaks of the other two rooms, I think this must be the best of the three. I would choose it again.

The house is a quaint historical home decorated maturely. Location is perfect - quiet but steps from the main street.

Madeleine is a wonderful hostess - knowledgeable about the area, friendly, welcoming, attentive the requests. She gave us maps for cycling, wine tasting vouchers, and recommendations for good eateries. Breakfast is substantial and tasty, though like another reviewer I didn't love the ricotta toast - to each his own I suppose.

But perhaps the best thing about this B&B is the attention to detail. Fluffy towels, satiny sheets, candles and matches, water and snacks, our names on a little chalk board to say welcome. The whole thing has the effect of being at once pampering and homey.

Recommended for B&B lovers.

Room Tip: Nutmeg Room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AvidTraveller79812
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hi there! It was so nice to have you here last weekend and so glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration. We do try to provide all the little extras that make a stay more special. It's so hard to find a breakfast to suite all tastes, that's why we do savoury one day, sweet the next. Sometimes, even between two people travelling together their tastes are completely opposite! Hopefully with the three course breakfast everyone finds something that really suites their taste buds. That stuffed oven baked french toast is our most requested recipe from our guests and adaptable to so many special need diets that we run across now on a daily basis.

So glad you loved the Nutmeg room, again, each guest has a different preference, sometimes booking the same room at different times of the year, while others want to try each room. We look forward to having you back in the Nutmeg room soon, perhaps even before your next birthday :)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

this bed and breakfast is situated in the most pleasant of areas , which surrounds Niagara on the lake. beautiful rooms, great food, lovely hosts, A joy to stay there. situated behind the main street in a tranquil area.
visit as many places as you like, you will not be disappointed. There is something going on all year round. Including the wine tasting. Golf, and not forgetting the Trisha romance gallery.
looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: the location
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Nice to hear from England! It was so nice to meet you and so glad you could come and spend some time here with your friends and family.

You are so right, our location can't be beaten! Once you arrive in town you can park and we are just steps away from all the cultural, dining and shopping activities. Thanks for being so complementary - we have so many people who snap all kinds of pictures of our decor and ask for decorating ideas - one area I love to share experiences.

Now that you've been home a couple of weeks, hope you're planning you next trip back to Southern Ontario, and in particular, to Niagara-on-the-Lake!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hello experienced and new B&B travellers!! I wanted to take the time to make sure everyone who is interested in booking a B&B in Niagara on the Lake calls Maddie & Bill at Copper Lane first...but call well in advance because they book up months in advance! My husband and I recently were married in Niagara on the Lake....this location choice was very much inspired by our experiences at Copper Lane. When we first met five years ago, we decided we wanted to have a romantic excursion to Niagara on the Lake for the weekend and thought we would try a B&B rather then a hotel....5 years later....we have returned to Copper Lane at least twice every year...Copper Lane become our home away from home and offered us so many lovely memories....so of course when we did book our wedding in NOTL...I also booked Copper Lane for the whole wedding weekend...Maddie & Bill opened up their entire home for my bridesmaids and I on the evening before the wedding, the day of the wedding for hair and makeup and the night of the wedding for the bridesmaids and their husbands...of course Maddie spoiled us all rotten all weekend! The attention for the past five years that we have received at Copper Lane has been top notch!! My mouth starts to water when I think about the 3 course breakfast that Maddie prepares each and every time we are there...and she makes sure to switch it up and accomodate my gluten free dietary needs! She always checks in advance to find out what we are craving! We have stayed in all three rooms....they all offer a different theme, vibe, experience...we love them all depending on our mood! I was really surprised to read the previous entry.....so far from the truth in my opinion.....I would rate Copper Lane 10 stars if that was an option!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
timetravellor, Owner at Copper Dreams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

THANK YOU! Your wonderful words come at just the right time!

I was deeply hurt and confused regarding the previous review you were referring to as those same guests left a lovely message in our guest book saying their stay was "too short" and called us "home away from home". However, the positive side of it was motivating some of our many returning guests to offer a different viewpoint, and Copper Lane was their first review although I know they both have travelled across North America and some of Europe.

It has been amazing to get to know you from a young "new" couple, through your dating and many visits to the great engagement announcement. We were honoured that of all the places you could have chosen in your own lovely hometown, that you wanted to leave from our home to go to the church to make your lifetime commitment to each other. It was a wonderful experience to be part of your wedding plans, one we will always cherish.

You both are what makes owning a B & B so very special. You have become a part of our extended family. Can't wait until you return with your honeymoon photos, hopefully soon. Thanks again for your rating of "10", I will try my utmost to continue to deserve it.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Copperlane many times and each time better than the other. We recently stayed there with friends who thanked us repeatedly. The hosts Bill and Madeleine are very friendly and gracious and always willing to lend a helping hand. Both were very knowledeable on the area and the events taking place. The home itself is nicely decorated in antiques and the rooms are spacious with 2 out of the 3 having ensuites. Madeleine's breakfasts were delicious and made to your liking. She asked before hand about any allergies etc..and dislikes/favorites of foods. They are located literally a hop, skip and jump from all the action. Overall a wonderful stay each time. You definately feel at home when you stay here!

Room Tip: The ensuite room upstairs is huge with a big jacuzzi tub. Has a t.v. in the room as well. The bedroom downstairs is said to be haunted. It has an ensuite as well and a bookcase full of books. Enjoyed both rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

We think our guests are awesome! We've been blessed with wonderful guests who we welcome into our home each and every day of the year!

So glad you like our mix of antiques and modern, I love the best of both worlds. And yes, we are a so close to everything in town, our guests do love our location. I'm so glad your friends enjoyed staying with us as well, what a great bunch you are! Looking forward to your next visit and anxious to meet whomever you'll bring with you next time :)