“Pamper yourself a little”
Review of Shaw Spa - CLOSED

Shaw Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Ideally located in the heart of Niagara on the Lake, the Shaw Spa offers a refuge to soothe the body with an enticing array of treatments. Whether it is a Vinotherapy service, Bio-maple service, or the sheer delight of a Chocotherapy service, each one promises to beautify the body, ease the spirit, and rejuvenate the skin, Treatments available: Massage Therapy, Facials, Body Treatments, Manicures, and Pedicures. Treatment rooms for couples are available.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was lucky to be able to schedule in a facial at the Shaw Spa while visiting Niagara on the Lake. This is a nice little spa that offers several services. Thank you, Jill for making my skin feel and look so beautiful!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I chose this spa because it was linked to our hotel. They try to position themselves as an upscale offering, but they do not have the staff to match. The service was hurried and dismissive, like some plaza esthetician without even the skills to match. At these prices, a better quality experience is expected. Definitely not value for money.

2  Thank KatePK
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very nice staff at reception. I visited the spa for 2 treatments: Deep Tissue Massage and Chianti Body Scrub.

The massage was a fantastic 10/10!! Alesha worked out all my kinks. I've had deep tissue a number of times but wow, she can work it. I espeically loved the heating pad on the bed to warm it on, then she placed it on my feet! Oh my! Touch of heaven. I'd go back in a heart beat for this treatment with this RMT. She knows her stuff. I felt like rag-doll 2 days after. Wonderful.

The body scrub was a different kind of experience. I had Katherine and she was nice, although I would have perfered some technique in massaging in the product, not rubbing it in like I do at home when I'm in a hurry. Also running the shower for 25 minutes to "warm up the room" is a waste of water. The wesbite boosts "A full body exfoliation infused with Tuscan Chianti grapes, lavender, honey and jojoba beads, creating a multi-sensory experience. Designed for any skin type, you will immediately notice the visible results of soft, supple skin". I've also had scrubs before and I came out so soft and smooth and glowing. Not the case with this one. It was very awkward as I had to wear a shower cap the whole time... even when I insisted I'd rather not. The scent of the scrub was not honey or lavender. The most disappointing part was when I looked at the scrub in the shower it was a lotion based (not sugar and salt) and instead of round, large, black jojoba beads it was blue plastic bits. The "body butter" is a liquid lotion so it is thin, not like a shea/coco butter mix of a true body butter.

2  Thank K B
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and i had a couples massage and I had a ginger bread body treatment when we were in Niagara about two years ago...both were excellent. So when we returned to Niagara just recently we decided to return to the same spa. He had a massage and i had a pedicure and facial. The facial was excellent. The aesthetician was extremely knowledgable and thoughtful. The products she used made a great difference to my skin. The pedicure was also great and my husband enjoyed his massage too. I would recommend this place for sure. It is small and simple but a great way to spend an afternoon and the staff are fantastic!

ShawSpa, Manager at Shaw Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback on both of your visits here at the Shaw Spa. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful and talented team working for us. I look forward to welcoming your husband and yourself back the next time you are in town.
Warm Regards