“This was EXACTLY what I needed!”

and 1 more site!
Chalet Bed and Breakfast
Toronto, Canada
“This was EXACTLY what I needed!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I surprised my girlfriend by taking her to Chalet for a Niagara-on-the-lake wine tasting experience. Turns out, I was the one who was surprised - pleasantly that is! Elfie called me a couple times the week before and booked a reservation for a lovely dinner for the two of us. When we got there they were welcoming and accommodating, even supplying us with vouchers for free wine tasting.
Elfie and Gina took great care of us, I felt like I had two moms (that might sound bad, but I assure you it was awesome)! Breakfast was world class. I'm a big guy, and even I was full.
These two are a great team and I would recommend who ever is reading this to book immediately.

Room Tip: Next time I would book the cheaper room. There is seating space outside the front door to have your...
3 Thank Anthony D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My partner, Brian, and I spent 3 nights at the lovely Chalet B & B. Elfie and Gina are just terrific as is their b & b. The bed was comfortable, the surroundings quiet and serene and the breakfast outstanding and different every day. The Chalet is about 15 minutes drive from the center of Niagara on the Lake and were we ever glad. NOTL is a lovely - but very touristy - town with many people walking the streets. Great to visit but we liked being in a quiet and serene environment in the mornings and the end of our days. The Chalet has chickens, a few sheep, so you have the sense of being in the real countryside. Elfie and Gina go out of their way to help out and we enjoyed our visits with them. So nice to be invited to share in Elfie's delicious birthday cake! I highly recommend the Chalet - I can't imagine where you would be better-treated. We will stay with them next time we visit Niagara country!

2 Thank Kristybot
NY, NY
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a night at The Chalet last weekend and it was such a great experience. Elfie and Gina are extremely welcoming, with great tips for things to see and do in Niagara-on-the-Lake. They recommended a winery that we'd never heard of for lunch, and it turned out to be beautiful and exactly what we were looking for to start our tour of the area.

The accommodations were spacious, clean, tastefully decorated, and peaceful. The bed was very comfortable, and we had a great night's sleep (after eating some delicious almond cookies that Gina baked for a late night snack).

Breakfast was amazing. In addition to a fruit salad and scone starter, we were served a delicious mushroom, egg and potato dish. Despite being full from dinner the night before, I still managed to clean my plate.

Elfie and Gina have a number of animals on the property, but our personal favorites were their cute babydoll sheep, Bella and Bo, and their miniature horse, Misty.

We had a great time and would highly recommend staying at the Chalet for couples, families and singles, too. We hope to stay there again next summer!

3 Thank Ziggyplaysdrums
Albany, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2013

When we booked a few weeks ago, we had a family event to attend. But as life goes, we found ourselves on the road for work the whole week before and the trip was too much to do. So we canceled five days before we were to arrive. I thought I was being most considerate of a small business owner and this being high season. Apparently, five days is not enough time and i got walloped with a $50.00 restocking fee. I cannot imagine what surprise bills we would have experienced had we actually stayed. There are great hotels in Niagara on the Lake and I have stayed at many of them over the last 10 years, if this is how the "mom and pops" treat patrons- stay with the professionals and pass on this property.

3 Thank Michelle M
Gina D, Owner at Chalet Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Chalet Bed and Breakfast appreciates that potential guests may have a change in plans not allowing them to keep their reservation, so gives the guest who wishes to cancel their reservation the option to choose another date to stay in order to avoid a cancellation fee. Sometimes the offer is declined by the guest for their personal reasons.
Although there is some variation in cancellation policies of Niagara-on-the-Lake bed and breakfast establishments, Chalet cancellation policies were set by collecting data from a large sample of bed and breakfast operators in the area to ensure that the set policy was in alignment with others in the industry. The cancellation fee is therefore set with great diligence and consideration.
The type of services provided by bed and breakfast establishments, as well as their operations/processes are very different from those of large hotel chains giving the bed and breakfast industry the unique niche and culture it enjoys.
It is very important for potential guests to read the cancellation policies clearly outlined by the booking agent, and on the property website before deciding to make reservations to ensure that it meets their specific needs. We are sorry for the inconvenience this cancellation fee has caused the potential guest.
port dover, ontario
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Thank you for a lovely stay - Elfie & Gina went above and beyond during our stay to make sure we were comfortable and properly taken care of! The room, house and grounds are lovely and welcoming! The food was fantastic, and Elfie and Gina made our stay even more special by making us some wonderful homemade granola to take on our cycling tour!
We also enjoyed the country feel and our time spent with our new four-legged friends Bella, Bo and Misty!
Looking forward to another visit at the Chalet B&B

5 Thank nancy n
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2013

From the chocolate-covered strawberries and ginger cookies, to frolicking with the farm animals (sheep, dogs, chickens, ducks, and even a pony), to sleeping in an unbelievably comfortable bed with a view onto gardens and pond, this B & B provided us with much more pleasure than we had ever expected.

As a long-time lesbian couple we have often been wary of B & B's--but not any longer, thanks to the two women who operate and host the Chalet.

Last but not least: you will be boasting about their breakfast for weeks to come and recommending it to friends, after first photographing each course, beautifully displayed.

5 Thank Noreen S
Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It's an absolutely charming and peaceful place and just minutes away from all the local events. The room was impeccably clean and the service ... just quality and quality, second to none! Thanks to Elfie and Gina for their warmth hospitality and knowledge of the events in the area. Our first anniversary was very memorable. We definitely will return to Niagara on the Lake and will not stay anywhere but at Chalet (we have experienced other B&Bs in the past). We highly recommend this place to anyone who would visit Niagara on the Lake.
Ana and Fernando