“Nice place but I wanted to eat!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery

Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery is located in the village of St. Davids Ontario, On a lush rolling hillside farm owned by the descendants of David Jackson Lowrey since 1867. We proudly produce VQA wines from organic grapes, which have captured the attention of critics and wine enthusiasts across the country. Experience our on-site grocery located at the back of the Woodruff house selling bakery items and homemade goods. Linger on the porch overlooking the vineyard and enjoy freshly prepared foods at our restaurant featuring the finest local produce and ingredients. Taste, dine, shop and enjoy Niagara's best!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Oakville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place but I wanted to eat!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I visited Ravine for dinner. We had heard so many great reviews and our expectations were really high. Maybe too high. We came for their reknowned mussels and were told this year they only do mussels on Wednesdays. So we looked at the the menu and it was only six items. We made our selections and our server came back to tell us they were out of what we ordered. How can a restaurant only have four out of six items on a menu that small? The setting is beautiful but for the prices on the menu we expected better options.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Amy L

• Korean first
London ON
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“New Menu not necessarily a good thing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Ravine was once a great little bistro, very French in style and taste. This season, not so much. Gone are many of the choices (for dinner, at least), and their wonderful mussels are restricted to one dy of the week. Prices have gone up but they are "featuring" live music nightly. Not what I had expected and was disappointed.

The server was very reluctant to seat us near the many windows, first only offering us a table stuck in the corner exposed to the setting sun. Had to ask to be seated elsewhere. Then she said that those tables were reserved. Well, I reserved my table too! So had to promise we'd be gone by the time the table was reserved for. So, do ask, don't just take what they offer you. Made me feel like a second class patron!

1 Thank DINKSinOntario
Atlanta, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

We originally were only going to go here for a free wine tasting, but the first winery we visited suggested we have lunch here. It was so good! During our tasting we had a wonderful employee helping us. She gave great suggestions and we just had a great time talking to her. After buying 2 bottles of wine, we went into restaurant for lunch. The restaurant is listed in the top 20 for winery restaurants. I can see why. Wonderful service, a serene view, and the best brioche burger I've ever had. My husband had crab cakes and they were so fresh.

Must go here for the wine and the food. Loved it!

Region of Waterloo, Canada
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 248 helpful votes
“A must see if you like wine, cheese, great dining.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I've submitted a separate TA review of the Ravine restaurant, which is right next to the Winery and Cheese retail outlet.

This winery was not part of our Niagara Classic Cabs wine tour, but our driver recommended we come here for lunch and visit their wine and cheese outlet.

Very, very quaint & cozy place. We sampled and bought some wines and cheese. We also had a great lunch here.

I recommend you make it part of your NOTL places to visit.

Canterbury, NH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

The on-site bakery makes their own wood oven bread, absolutely delightful. The food was very good and the dining room, surrounded in windows, presents views of the vineyard. An absolute charmer with fantastic desserts!