“Service was Horrible”
Review of Grill on King

Grill on King
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill on King is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This was one of the worst dining experiences that we have had in a long time. We arrived at the restaurant approximately 1 3/4 hours before we were to attend a play at the Shaw. We told the server of our timing requirements. After well over 1/2 hour after we ordered our appetizer had not been served. When we complained the server engaged us in a depate regarding the travel time to the theatre. We were not the only tables with an issue. The table next to us had to take hteir dessert in a "take away" box and another coupl gave up after waiting an hour for their meal.

3  Thank H_R181740
There are newer reviews for Grill on King

Reviewed May 28, 2011

Like the reviewer of October 2010, I ordered a steak medium rare. It arrived at least medium well and in parts well done. I sent it back and a minute later it was returned to me cut up in places to show where it was medium rare. I didn't accept it and sent it back. The next thing I knew the chef had stormed out of the kitchen and was screaming at me, telling me I knew nothing about food and to get out of the restaurant! He then picked up the piece of meat and dangled it in front of other guests to "prove" it was medium rare. As my husband and I fled the restaurant, I heard one man tell him it was NOT medium rare--don't know what happened to him! It was an appalling experience. I would never set foot in this restaurant again.

3  Thank ACF33
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I have been to this restaurant many times now, and everytime was great,,service was excellant. Servers very friendly... so to the others who are not happy with their visit,,,they should tell the server if they have a problem as they want to make your visit a happy one,so you will come back,,,,This restaurant's menue is very good,and the coffee is the BEST.

1  Thank Meow24
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Made reservations as a result of the ratings here on Trip Advisor. Welcomed at the door by Peter ['jack of all trades'] and quickly seated. There for a lunch then on to the theatre. 7 of us in our party. Made to feel most welcome. Several other tables occupied and Peter tells us he is the only wait staff. We remind him we're on to the theatre and he promises to take good care of us. AND HE DID. Fabulous service, wonderful bottle of wine, and the food was really really good. Shaved roast beef, calamari, toasted western, crabcakes - french onion soup!!! nice portions. Fries and salad on the side. More staff arrived and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Asked to see the chef [Georgina ?[sp] and she was lovely. Found out she was [part]owner - so it was nice to tell her we enjoyed the meal.
RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

Three of my friends and I took a 2 day mini break to the Niagara area and the last stop on our agenda was lunch at the Grill on King. This was the most perfect ending to a nice little get away. We've always commented on the poor quality of restaurants in Niagara on the Lake and finally we've found a place we look forward to visiting over and over again. The food was fabulous and our waiter Peter went above and beyond. Definitely more than worth every penny!!!!!