“Dine If You Dare!”
Review of Grill on King

Grill on King
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill on King is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Canadian, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Dine If You Dare!”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Like the reviewer of October 2010, I ordered a steak medium rare. It arrived at least medium well and in parts well done. I sent it back and a minute later it was returned to me cut up in places to show where it was medium rare. I didn't accept it and sent it back. The next thing I knew the chef had stormed out of the kitchen and was screaming at me, telling me I knew nothing about food and to get out of the restaurant! He then picked up the piece of meat and dangled it in front of other guests to "prove" it was medium rare. As my husband and I fled the restaurant, I heard one man tell him it was NOT medium rare--don't know what happened to him! It was an appalling experience. I would never set foot in this restaurant again.

Visited May 2011
3 Thank ACF33

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I have been to this restaurant many times now, and everytime was great,,service was excellant. Servers very friendly... so to the others who are not happy with their visit,,,they should tell the server if they have a problem as they want to make your visit a happy one,so you will come back,,,,This restaurant's menue is very good,and the coffee is the BEST.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Meow24
Weston ON
“REALLY GREAT TIME”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Made reservations as a result of the ratings here on Trip Advisor. Welcomed at the door by Peter ['jack of all trades'] and quickly seated. There for a lunch then on to the theatre. 7 of us in our party. Made to feel most welcome. Several other tables occupied and Peter tells us he is the only wait staff. We remind him we're on to the theatre and he promises to take good care of us. AND HE DID. Fabulous service, wonderful bottle of wine, and the food was really really good. Shaved roast beef, calamari, toasted western, crabcakes - french onion soup!!! nice portions. Fries and salad on the side. More staff arrived and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Asked to see the chef [Georgina ?[sp] and she was lovely. Found out she was [part]owner - so it was nice to tell her we enjoyed the meal.
RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.

• Visited April 2011
Oakville, Canada
“Best 1 1/2 hour lunch we've had in ages!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Three of my friends and I took a 2 day mini break to the Niagara area and the last stop on our agenda was lunch at the Grill on King. This was the most perfect ending to a nice little get away. We've always commented on the poor quality of restaurants in Niagara on the Lake and finally we've found a place we look forward to visiting over and over again. The food was fabulous and our waiter Peter went above and beyond. Definitely more than worth every penny!!!!!

• Visited March 2011
Hamilton
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We visited the Grill on King (myself, husband, sister and brother-in-law) on Saturday night. My sister and myself started with the French onion soup, it was delicious, just right... My husband had the mussels which were fabulous and quite a large portion, thank goodness for the free bread because we couldn't let the delicious sauce go to waste....
For our main courses, my sister and I both had that night's Orange Roughy special... It was a party in my mouth, the fish was cooked perfectly and was covered in a creamy caper sauce, the grilled vegetables were delicious and grilled to perfection and the roasted potatoes were also delicious.
My husband had the chicken on a skewer, again the portions for all these meals were quite large, none of us could finish our meals.... The chicken was flavourful and tender, the rice was tasty and the potatoes were the same as ours; delicious. My brother in law had the fettucine alfredo and really enjoyed his meal as well.
Service was great, our waiter was attentive and made some great recommendations. If you're looking for a nice place that isn't over priced, try this restaurant out.

• Visited February 2011