“Wonderful people” 5 of 5 bubbles

Niagara-on-the-Lake Cycle and Wine-Tasting Tour with Optional Picnic Lunch
Cleveland, Ohio
“Wonderful people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Kurtz Orchard on the Parkway last week. On the way to the Peace Bridge going home, I received a call from my sister. Kurtz Orchard called my home in Ohio because I left my purse there. We could not believe how considerate they were to call my house to let me know I left it there.

Visited October 2013

Atlanta
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful Orchard & Great Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were with a tour group that toured Kurtz Orchard and had a "picnic" lunch while we were there. The ride through the orchard was interesting - seeing all the different types of fruit trees Mr. Kurtz has growing. This was a working orchard and the trees were actively being worked while we were there. Out "picnic" lunch consisted of salad with the most wonderful salad dressings, bottled from fruits from the farm and available for sale in their store. We also had barbeque chicken and baked potato. For dessert, we had a baked apple wrapped in pastry dough - Oh My Goodness was it good. Mr. Kurtz is a very nice gentleman and talked to us about his orchard and family business. After the picnic we stopped by the store and bought some delicious goodies to bring back with us.

Visited May 2013
Avon, Ohio
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A Foodie's Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Kurtz's has two locations: one is on the Parkway and one is in Old Towne. The one on the Parkway is more of a Farmers' Market, complete with fruits in season from their orchards, deli and ice cream counters, and lovely grounds including a huge fishpond. The one in town is mostly a gourmet foods shop featuring dips, sauces, tapenades, spreads, and dressings. Both shops contain the latter. The lovely thing about that is that Kurtz's offers little tasting stations throughout their shops, offering smidgens of each product so that you can try before you buy. Many of the products are things you may recognize from school fundraisers or other gourmet foodie shops. But some, like the amazing Butternut Squash Sauce, are made by Kurtz. Be on the lookout for those because those are far and away the best. Black Olive Tapenade, Sundried Tomato Tapenade, and their Niagara's Best Jam are stellar. They are expensive, but consider it a splurge worth making.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Delicious fresh sandwiches!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

A great lunch stop. I loved how they had sample jars out with different jams, dips and spreads as well as bread so that people could taste test and decide if they wanted to buy something. We put our order in for a few sandwiches and we had to wait so we wandered through the shop. Lots of things to look at, taste and buy. They have a bakery section at the back which was nice. The pies look incredible. I had the cherry and apple streudel which was quite good. They had sweets, like fudge and turkish delight that came in a variety of flavours. Something at this place for everyone!

Visited June 2013
Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Picnic in Niagara-on-the-lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our trips to Niagara-on-the Lake would not be complete without stopping at Kurtz Orchards for lunch. We ordered freshly-made sandwiches and took them outside to eat on the picnic tables overlooking a Koi fish pond and an interesting foot bridge. The tasty sandwiches were accompanied by fresh-cut vegetables, along with a fantastic dressing called "Orange Maple Garlic", one of the Kurtz Culinary Creations. We liked the dressing so much that we got the name of it from the staff and bought a half-dozen bottles to take back home. It is traditional for us to get some bread crumbs from the store to feed the Koi fish.

Visited May 2013