“Back Again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara-on-the-Lake
The Doctor's House B&B
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is the only B&B I wish to stay at when I visit this delightful town.
As always, our congenial hosts, Lynne and Kevin, were as gracious and helpful as ever.
Our arrival was later than usual this year. Instead of eating out, we simply relaxed in their beautiful garden, polished off the food we had packed, and enjoyed being surrounded by beautiful flowers. We then relocated to the spacious porch - a wonderful spot for people watching as they stroll down the main street.
This year I was given the "Spooky Room." a surprising name for a quietly attractive and restful room.I love the big, carved armoir with the nice bath robe inside.
Some things never change. Guests still have full access to the traditional dining room and comfortable living room. The freshly made breakfasts are as satisfying as I remembered. Even the price is a reasonable as it has always been. It hasn't gone up one cent!
The only curve ball was a city wide power outage caused by severe electrical storms. Fortunately, The Doctor's House has a gas range. Breakfast by candle light, courtesy of a dramatic candleabra, made our departing breakfast somewhat of an adventure.
I'll be back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Doctor’s House is a charming early 19th century home at the northern edge of where it’s happening in Niagara-On-The-Lake. With two air-conditioned guest rooms (and a good-sized shared bath), guests have access to the art-filled and comfortable living (TV and fireplace) and dining rooms but most especially to the ample wrap-around front porch. Rooms are clean and beds/pillows very comfortable. Free parking is behind the house. The location couldn’t be more perfect. There is a coffee shop on the next block, a nearby grocery, and plenty of pubs, cafes, and restaurants within easy walking distance of this most charming town.

Our host is an expert in guiding you around the area, whether it be in the Niagara Falls direction or advice about the many vineyard tours or wine tastings of the region. Maps and brochures are available to use.

Breakfast is first-class. Plenty of fresh coffee and juice, fruit, and a varied by day assortment of eggs/pancakes/breakfast meats and freshly-baked muffins that will satisfy any appetite. The lovely host is happy to customize breakfast to suit your dietary needs.

I feel this B&B is an excellent value and can highly recommend a visit there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gartenkerl
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently stayed at The Doctor's House B&B can can only echo the other reviewers positive comments! I stayed in Charlotte's Room which was cozy and clean and was more than enough space for me. The washroom was a great size, very clean and well stocked with toiletries in case you might forget something. The location is great being only steps away from all the shops and restaurants on Queen St and only a short walk down to the lakefront. Lynn and Kevan were wonderful hosts with a great knowledge of the area and are only too pleased to help you decide your day's activities. To top the whole stay off, Lynn's breakfast was outstanding!! I will definitely be back and would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely romantic getaway (sans kids!) here in late October, 2012. Nice, clean room (Spooky Room-which wasn't spooky at all!) and nice bathroom. The shared bath was no big deal as we were the only guests, it was all ours. The hosts were pleasant and onubtrusive-one quality I really appreciate as I've had annoying experiences at B&B's where the hosts are WAY too all up in my business, which I hate. Not the case with Lynn and Kevin. Just nice friendly folks. On our final morning we declined breakfast, as neither of us are "breakfast people" and Lynn was kind enough to send us on our way with muffins. We booked another stay for this May while there, only later to have to cancel because we ended up actually moving to NOTL in early April-lucky us! Also, I had forgotten a few clothing items in a drawer there and the hosts mailed the stuff to me. I highly recommend this place, the rates are great!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Loved our stay with Lynn and Kevan. Breakfast was scrumptious. Room was cozy and clean. B&B is walking distance to the shops on Queen Street, golf course, parks and theaters. Lynn is a very friendly host with great knowledge of the area. We mostly enjoyed sitting on the porch in the evening watching the passers by.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kvdahlberg
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The B&B is charming, an old house lovingly restored. It reminded me of the houses from my childhood. Our room was cozy with a comfortable bed and best of all, good pillows. The living room was a pleasant place to have a drink and read and relax. Lynn is a gracious hostess and an excellent cook. In addition, she rescued the library book that I left behind. It arrived in the mail shortly after we returned home.
The location is perfect too, right in the middle of the town making everything accessible by walking.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lmdja
Reviewed August 31, 2011

As with some of the other reviewers, this was a return trip for me. I am looking forward to more vacations there in future years.
My room was quite comfortable. The lovely old house has a very pleasant feel to it.
Every morning a hearty and delicious breakfast awaited me.
The inn keeper went way beyond the call of duty by helping me with directions and finding activities for me to entertain myself with.
Highly recommended.