“Over priced and small dishes, will not return”

The Old Winery Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2014

pricey for what you get, I was disappointed, left hungry. They were out of most dishes and we had to settle for what was left. In hind site, we should have gone else where.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had a Rehearsal dinner with 20 people at Old Winery about a month ago. They food was very good, service good and staff attentive.An enjoyable evening. Had room at back of restaurant which is reserved for large groups but still convenient for bar and kitchen.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stay away! My wife and I went to The Old Winery for dinner. Restaurant looks very nice inside and outside but the food was quit possibly the worst thing we have ever tasted. we ordered the chorizo sausage with polenta as well as rainbow trout. The sausage was burnt to a crisp and the polenta tasted like it was sitting out all day. Trout was under cooked with flavor. I have no clue how the chef allowed it out o the kitchen.
Spend the money on a restaurant that is more deserving. Will never return.....EVER!
I feel like I am going to barf just thinking about it.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I went for lunch on a Sunday @ 1:30 after prime time. I recognized the owner as we arrived who walked right past us without acknowledging our arrival. About a minute later a waitress arrived to greet us and show us to a table. The brown paper "cloth" is tacky and not keeping with the cloth napkins. Wine list seems quite over-priced. 9 oz. glasses of wine were $18-$23 and not particularly noteworthy. I wouldn't recommend the bruschetta if having pizza as the crusts are the same - just feels like a different pizza. The food took 20 minutes to come which seemed like a lot for an appetizer. The dining room is always drafty by the windows as vents blow down from the ceiling and can blow right down your neck. As reflected by the owner's attitude toward customer service, staff are so-so in the friendliness category.

1  Thank Bev207
Reviewed March 8, 2014

It was once one of our favourite restaurants. Great food, great service, great everything. Not sure what happened last year, but the quality of the food was just not there anymore. We changed from a frequent diner there to a "lets see if it has improved" diner.
We have now been there twice recently and they are definitely back. The special menu has improved and the food is delicious. Try the pot roast (when offered) or the pickerel or the prime rib steak. Also try some of the great cocktails. A new chef does make a difference.