“Cookies didn't last the drive home!”

Willow Cakes & Pastries
Description: It is hard to say what pastry chef and proprietor Catherine O'Donnell is best known for - her incredible breads, decadent cakes, or her decidedly delicious pastries. Unquestionably, they are all worth the trip to Willow Cakes and Pastries in Niagara-on-the-Lake, christened "a place of pilgrimage for anyone with a sweet tooth" by James Chatto in the LCBO's Food and Drink magazine. Stepping into Willow Cakes and Pastries feels like a trip to the Continent and a European patisserie. Customers experience the feel of both a local bakery and an exquisite boutique - surveying the breads, chocolates, cakes and tarts in gleaming display cases, watching Catherine and her team at work through the viewing window or lingering over coffee and a newspaper. Whether you are in the market for a show stopping wedding cake, a dessert to impress your guests, a gift to be savoured, or a coffee and quick bite on the go, Willow Cakes and Pastries is truly a "must stop shop" in Niagara.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stopped in for coffee and treats on the way home.
Michelle was wonderful, she took the time to tell us what each item in the display case was. I ordered 3 cookies to take home to my husband and let's just say...well, they never made it home.
The white chocolate blue berry scones were pretty good too!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We tried numerous breads during our 6 days in NOTL. All were wonderful ! The crust and crumb were lovely and the crust stayed very crisp in a paper sack.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

of course the answer is simple, you don't :-)
I always stop for a takeout box of the delicious pastries at the Willow when we eat at Stone Road Grill

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I had breakfast at Willow twice. Once I had crêpes at the gelateria on Queen Street and it was wonderful. (I crave crêpes! And have to seek them out!) However, that place is touristy. Willow is a neighborhood equivalent to a coffee shop. People knew each other there. We felt at home. The café au lait was wonderful, and they have decaf. I also had a pain au chocolat (chocolate bread) that was fresh, soft and tasty. The next day I had an almond croissant. Not a lot of filling, but still a flakey, tasty croissant. I found the coveted macarons here and brought back a cozen for my French class. They were wonderful. Galdly, I forfeited my beloved crêpes to enjoy the friendship and honey atmosphere here along with wonderful French pastries.

1  Thank cjohnsherrill
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very friendly atmosphere. Freshly prepared items that are tasty and portable. Coffee (especially 6th Avenue) has lots of flavour and makes me want a second cup (which they offer at no extra cost).

1  Thank Carol G