“Tiny, but Elegant Spa”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Tiny, but Elegant Spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

Spa is located at the Prince of Wales Hotel. The small Ladies Changing room is used for both the fitness center (located in the next room) and is small, but cute with antique porcelain sinks painted with floral designs. The spa lounge has a fireplace and is decorated in a rather modern motif with leather furniture and a large fish tank filled with colorful fish. The treatment rooms are small, but well-apointed, with a shower in the room for my treatment. The 40 minute Vital Chi Sugar Cane Scrub was heavenly, followed by a lathering with coconut massage cream and was well worth the $85. The only thing I would change is the ability to guarantee the sex of your therapist. It is a bit uncomfortable to be undressed in front of a stranger.

4 Thank PattyG08

Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Not a fun experience at the spa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

I booked a couples massage for my boyfriend and I and specified at the time of booking that I wanted two female therapists. We got there on time, changed and then our one male and one female therapists arrived. I quickly said that we had booked two female therapist which turned out to be very confusing for them. The manager asked us to take a seat in the waiting room and then came out several minutes later and told us that we could wait a few more minutes while one of other female therapists finished her lunch and then get a massage that started late (it was now 10 minutes into out massage time and we were told that this time was lost and that we could just get whatever the therapists could fit in after the one had finished her lunch). I said this was silly and that I wanted to just cancel the massages and leave. She told me that there was a 48 hour cancellation rule and that I couldn't cancel and that even if I left I would still be charged for the service (even thought I asked for 2 females and was there on time and they could not offer what I had asked for). I asked her what our reservation said and she proceeded to call the "reservation service" which had no recollection of what was asked for on our service. In the end after suggesting I should pay and wait to take a partial massage she finally agree to cancel without charge. All in all it sucked plus the robes are paper thin and I had to walk from the change room to the spa waiting room with only my underwear on thinking the whole time that the top was mostly see through......not fun.

11 Thank LIzVancouver