“Perfect Winter Holiday!”

La Toscana di Carlotta
Reviewed January 20, 2013

La Toscana di Carlotta was a relaxing winter holiday where we got to feel spoiled at a B&B. We considered an Inn with a spa but we're so glad we chose this special B&B in the heart of NOTL. Our room upstairs was spacious, quiet and sleeping was easy in a very comfortable King bed. Carlotta, Kash and Mamma welcomed us like old friends and were truly great hosts. My husband and I enjoyed our conversations with Kash, Carlotta and Mamma each morning over long, delicious breakfasts. Don't plan lunch. Seriously. Being located in the heart of the town made walking easy to shops during the day and restaurants at night. We loved that we could also return after a day visiting wineries or after one early dinner and sit in front of fireplace with a book downstairs before going to our rooms for a restful sleep. Grazie!

1  Thank yrush

Reviewed January 1, 2013

La Toscana di Carlotta is a wonderful B&B and offers a little bit of Italy in NOTL. Carlotta, Kash and Mama were excellent hosts and provided fantastic service from the time of booking to the end of our stay. They are both very knowledge of the area and make you immediately feel at home. We travelled in the winter and there was always a wood burning fire on the go when we returned from our travels which offered us a great opportunity to sit down and relax!

The food was amazing - and you will not need lunch afterwards! We stayed in the Bottecilli room on the first floor - it was very spacious and offered a wonderful soaker claw foot tub and separate rain shower and a comfortable bed.

All and all a great experience and a big thank you to Kash, Carlotta and Mama!

Room Tip: Bottecilli is on the first floor and offers a separate claw foot soaker tub and rain shower.
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We picked La Toscana di Carlotta based on tripadvisors #1 rating and we were not disappointed. The location was perfect-- within walking distance of everything. We stayed in one of the downstairs bedrooms and it was perfect. We liked our own private patio and the very comfortable antique bed. And, of course, breakfast was absolutely delicious. We enjoyed talking with Carlotta and Kash. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

La Toscana di Carlotta was the perfect B&B to escape to during my stay in NOTL. When I made the reservation I spoke to Carlotta on the phone and within 5 minutes the room was booked, I had received a confirmation email, and an additional email for places to see and things to do in NOTL. Carlotta, Cash and Sara were all very warm and welcoming. My husband and I felt completely comfortable there and the room was clean and perfect. We stayed in the Da Vinci room which had a King size bed and a balcony. I can't rave enough about breakfast. I have never been to Italy, but it felt like a perfect Italian meal. The courses kept coming and each one was delicious. They even made their own juice. My husband and I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Da Vinci room. It was clean, had a balcony and a huge king size bed. I didn't...
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I chose La Toscana di Carlotta as the place to stay with my girlfriend when I proposed to her last Saturday night. This was my first stay there. The location of their historic home is perfect because it was a short walk to both our favorite restaurant (Stone Road Grille) and the location where I proposed (the gazebo in Queen's Royal Park). It was raining earlier that evening and Carlotta & Kash had umbrellas on hand for us - with prints of Italian art on them, no less! (Talk about attention to detail!).

Everything was absolutely perfect about our stay. Carlotta and Kash are incredibly warm, personable, hospitable and accommodating. The breakfast was delicious, creative and had great presentation - from Kash's homemade juice, to Carlotta's crostini and frittatas, to the poached pear dessert and fresh cappucinos. I recently completed a brunch culinary arts class at a college in Toronto and I could tell that Carlotta and Kash are pros and have excellent taste. Yet they seem to do it all so effortlessly and infuse your stay with a great deal of warmth. Carlotta and Kash were so enthusiastic about our engagement it really made us feel like we were home. I am very glad I chose to stay at this historic house on the weekend I made history with my girlfriend. We could not have asked for a better engagement in Niagara on the Lake.

1  Thank quiettraveler33
Reviewed December 16, 2012

There is a reason why everyone rates this place very highly. Carlotta & Kash are absolutely fantastic hosts. The day starts off with a 4 or 5 course breakfast and for every day that you stay the main dish varies. So the longer you stay the more you get to taste of Carlotta's cuisine! The location is perfect. It is within walking distance to downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake and only 25 minute drive to Niagara Falls. All the local wineries are easily accessible. This is a great place for a romantic getaway. The rooms are clean and cozy. We decided to extend our stay and hence had the opportunity of staying in 2 rooms. Each room has a unique style and is very different from the other. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are GREAT!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have just returned from our third stay at LaToscana di Carlotta. It was just as enjoyable as the first two. The food is absolutely delicious, and Carlotta and Kash couldn't be more accommodating. We are one of three couples who travel together. We occupy the three rooms upstairs, which are very comfortable and sparkling clean. The downstairs living room is ours for the weekend. We sat and talked for hours, just as if we were in our own homes. We wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else.

1  Thank jo ann d