“A little taste of italy in Canada!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Toscana di Carlotta

La Toscana di Carlotta
Winnipeg, Canada
“A little taste of italy in Canada!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you are looking to find a host couple that will welcome you into their home, make you feel comfortable the minute you walk into the door, feed you the most amazing breakfasts, and entertain you with their great stories and conversations.... this is the place to go!
This was my first experience at a B & B... and will now definitely not be my last. My best friend and I celebrated our 40th Birthdays, and were soo happy that we chose this place to stay. What a great few days! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hosts are three of the kindest and warmest individuals you can hope to meet. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, as well as taking you back in time. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and imaginative.

Love to all!!

Gord & Lorraine

Uniontown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the perfect weekend get-away from the delicious five course breakfasts to the relaxing and beautiful atmosphere. We stayed in the Botticelli Room and loved it! This B&B is a great location, convenient to walking to all the shops and restaurants in the area. By far the best thing about the place is the wonderful owners (Carlotta & Kash), they made us feel so welcome it was like visiting special friends. Hope we can go back sometime soon!

Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was the first time staying in Niagara-on-the-Lake for my wife and I. Thanks to the other reviews that I had read, we booked our room at La Toscana di Carlotta.
The building is a beautiful historic house from the 1700's; but it is what they have
done with the decor that makes it special. The sitting room and dining area are
decorated with wonderful antiques. We were fortunate to book the Botticelli Room on the main floor, which has its own outdoor access, and is decorated beautifully. The location is great...just a couple of blocks from the main street.
The best parts of our stay though, were our hosts ( Kash & Carlotta) and their
great breakfasts and warm personalities. We've enjoyed some great food at B&B's over the years, but theirs is certainly one of the best....must be Carlotta's recipes from Tuscany. Her husband, Kash, helped with serving breakfast and making everyone feel at home. Their warmth and the decor make this a gem. If we go back to NOTL we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We looked at the upstairs rooms, and while they are very nice also (especially the outdoor balcony...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was in town for a friends Birthday party dinner, at a nearby winery. I had a fabulous stay at La Toscana di Carlotta. I stayed in their newest/nicest Villa-like room on the ground floor and it was unlike anything I have experienced.

I truly felt that I was staying a villa suite, somewhere in Italy or in southern Europe. The finishes of the room, compare to many 5-star hotels that I have stayed at. My favorite features of the room included, the roaring gas fireplace and the spa-like bathroom (with a amazing powerful shower and of course an authentic deep soaking claw-foot tub. Its truly a heavenly space to spend some quality time in. You can even hear the faint clock tower bell chimes, and truly feel like you could be near a piazza somewhere in Tuscany or in southern Europe.

But the best thing about La Toscana di Carlotta is the people that work their. From the hosts (Carlotta & Kash) to Carlotta's beloved mother and Beverly, the housekeeper. All of them, are truly kind, down-to-earth people. Carlotta and Kash are very welcoming and will do anything to make your stay and time in N.O.T.L extra special. Carlotta, was so kind to take me to a local winery and back to her B&B. They both truly go-above-and beyond for their guests (even some 5-star hotels, I have been too, could learn a thing or two about Carlotta's service standards). Nothing is ever too much to ask of them. The gourmet 5-course breakfast is truly authentic and tasty and you will not leave hungry.

I am not a big B&B fan, as I have had many "hit" and "miss" experiences, but this place is truly special, unlike any "B&B" out their, and was totally worth taking the risk of staying at another B&B.

I hope to return to N.O.T.L in late December and will I do, I will only stay at the this hidden gem. This is by far the best place to stay, while in N.O.T.L. Happy travel while in N.O.T.L!

Room Tip: Get the room on the ground floor, with the fireplace and spa-like bathroom!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I were fortunate to spend another weekend at this special place called, La Toscana di Carlotta. During our 3rd trip to this jewel in Niagara on the Lake, we had the pleasure of experiencing the Botticcelli room- Carlotta's newest addition to her B&B. This large, ground floor room with private en-suite bathroom reminded us of our trip to Tuscany in 2010. The Botticcelli room, with a private patio and roaring fireplace, was filled with antique furniture, highlighted by an Italian bed from the 1700s. Botticcelli exudes warmth, romance, and nostaglia with many modern conveniences including a large glass-enclosed shower, claw-foot bath tub, and a towel warmer. We have been visiting NOTL for nearly 20 years, and have stayed at many places including the Queen's Landing and other B&B's. Carlotta and her husband give us many reasons for never staying anywhere else but at their Italian piece of heaven. We have already booked 2 return trips there for 2013. The location is superb (Queen and King st), next to the Irish Harp, yet quiet and convenient to all that NOTL has to offer its lucky visitors. Be ready to enjoy an authentic, multi-course breakfast served with fresh cappuccino every morning. Mille Grazie Carlotta and Kash!!

Room Tip: We have personally stayed in Botticcelli and Brunelleschi. Botticcelli is large and full of special...
Port Monmouth, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Just returned after spending 4 nights at La Toscana di Carlotta. This was like home away from home. Carlotta and her husband make their guests feel so welcome. Our room was bright and very comfortable, especially the bed. The B&B is located just off the main street which makes it very easy to get around town on foot. Carlotta's breakfast was wonderful, it kept us full for most of the day. My husband and I really enjoyed talking to Kash and Carlotta and the other guests staying at the time. They seem to attract interesting guests from all over. All I can say is that they are really doing something right. We would love to go back. Tripadvisor was on the money with this one.