“Wasn't Blown Away....”

The Irish Harp Pub
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An authentic Irish pub experience here in Niagara on the Lake. In 2007 our founder Trevor Smyth built a pub to rival any on the emerald isle. Our focus is on using fresh quality ingredients in large portions. We will do anything to please our guest. Service is a point of pride at this pub. We deeply appreciate when guests choose us and want them to have an excellent time. We welcome customers as if they are guests in our home.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I just returned back to our B&B after strolling downtown NOTL, and then stopping at The Harp Pub for dinner. We started with the two beer flights which was fun. 3 tastings of The Harp's own brews, and four tastings of Irish brews. The Harp's Ale & Lager were nice, but neither of us cared for their wheat offering. While I am not a fan of wheat beer, my wife ussually enjoys it, but her thought of this one was it tasted like "smoked salmon"... The Irish offerings were all good.
For our dinners, I had the Guinness Beef and Mushrom pie, while my wife had the Curry Chicken, on the recomendation of our waitress. My dinner was good, but as my side, I ordered the "Potatoe Farts", which were explained to me to be mashed potatoes, breaded, and deep fried. In reality, they were three large pieces of a wet doughy-like substance. If there was any potatoes in them, I could not find them. The Curry chicken was good, but the rice it was served on was bland and overcooked. All in all, it was OK, not great.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,689)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat that wasn't overly pricey that had a wide selection and found it here. We ordered two appetizers, a baked brie and the spinach dip both of which were delicious. I got the fish and chips and it was a perfect portion and not greasy at all. The coating didn't have that bad aftertaste that can sometimes happen with fried food. There were 5 of us and everyone enjoyed their meal. Server was great. The only possible complaint was one of us ordered the bruschetta and the onions were overpowering but other than that great meal and great atmosphere! The air conditioning was a little lacking as well.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

we enjoyed 2 meals at this restaurant, both were excellent for quick service and great taste. The servers were very good , enjoyed a nice visit with them as they took time to tell us of other attractions to visit in Niagara on the Lake. small little outside bar, but ok for a quick beer and visit.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch on a very crowded Sunday afternoon. The place was packed but the service was still excellent. This was impressive considering how crowded it was.

We enjoyed the entertainment they had...good acoustic guitar duo...nice bonus.

The menu is huge and tempting. However, we were disappointed that they were already out of some of the Irish-themed items that we were craving, such as corned beef and cabbage. It was only about 2pm. However, there was a huge power outage in the area the day before. Maybe they were not able to cook it ahead of time. What we did have to eat was OK...some grilled cheese sandwiches and burgers.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Unfortunately we were seated directly across from the kitchen doors, so not off to a good start. My wife ordered the crab cakes, which she said were good. I ordered a burger which was overdone and dry inside. It tasted a bit more like meatloaf than a burger. The service was a bit slow, though the bar was not that full at the time. We ordered a few drinks and they were good, except for the tequilla sunrise, the grenadine tasted like cough syrup.