“Nice Pub Lunch”

The Irish Harp Pub
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: An authentic Irish pub experience here in Niagara on the Lake. In 2007 our founder Trevor Smyth built a pub to rival any on the emerald isle. Our focus is on using fresh quality ingredients in large portions. We will do anything to please our guest. Service is a point of pride at this pub. We deeply appreciate when guests choose us and want them to have an excellent time. We welcome customers as if they are guests in our home.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Went for lunch while visiting Niagara on the Lake for the day. All the food was very tasty and everyone in my family was pleased. Young daughter really appreciated Shepard's Pie was on the kid's menu - who wants the same old chicken fingers? Burgers were very good, and I enjoyed the veggie sandwich recommended by the waitress. "Heart attack" poutine was appreciated by everyone at the table!

Seems like a place with a fun, comfortable atmosphere. We were tourists visiting for a late lunch with kids, but there was a table full of middle aged adults playing a card game at the table next to us, and other tables seemed relaxed and having a good time.

Would certainly return!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,629)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My partner and I stumbled in upon a recommendation from our B&B host. The Irish Pub had great service and the atmosphere was spot on for an Irish pub. Service was fantastic, but the food quality was lacking along with the "tourist" pricing that we found at some of the other locations we visited. Great selection of beer though!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

4 of us for dinner. Beer selection and quality is good. The beer sampler is a good idea. Food was average to above average. Nice enough atmosphere. If I lived here it could be my regular. Food portions good size, reasonably tasty. Desserts are large. Featured Lake Erie pickerel was a decent portion. Pickerel is a mild fish and easy to over spice, but this dish could have used a little more spice than it got. Steak and Guiness pie and Shepherd's Pie were both enjoyed, flavourful and good sized portions. Liver & Onions also a good portion, but an onion sauce on top of breaded fried liver is a bit puzzling as it soon tended towards sogginess. Would have been better on the side. Decent, friendly service. Value OK too, especially for a tourist area.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

A group of us went for a late lunch on a Sunday and were pleasantly surprised at the cozy atmosphere (including tasteful Christmas decor) and live music. Menu items were standard for an Irish Pub... we tried the chicken curry, shepherd's pie and fish 'n chips. All were good!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I had lunch at the Irish Pub and we didnt leave disappointed. I had read up on this pub before we got there so I had pretty good idea of what the place was like. It was fairly empty when we got there for lunch, I nice looking place with the feel of a pub, lots of wood work, darker colours, big bar. We found the service just fine, had no issues, but it wasnt busy so who knows how good the staff is when there really busy. My wife ate the Dublin Steak and Guinness Pie which was $14.99 and she liked it. I had the Chef's Signature Burger which was $15.99, I thought a little pricey for a burger, it was good but not anything that memorable. We didn't have a beer but later wished we did. The pub was good, service was good, no complaints but after eating here and thinking about it some more I would try somewhere else before going back a second time.