“Second Visit just as Good”
Review of The Irish Harp Pub

The Irish Harp Pub
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An authentic Irish pub experience here in Niagara on the Lake. In 2007 our founder Trevor Smyth built a pub to rival any on the emerald isle. Our focus is on using fresh quality ingredients in large portions. We will do anything to please our guest. Service is a point of pride at this pub. We deeply appreciate when guests choose us and want them to have an excellent time. We welcome customers as if they are guests in our home.
NorthEast
“Second Visit just as Good”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This is our second visit, this time with freinds The food and service were again well done. This time we came for lunch and sampled several British beers and found the experience well worth it. Our meals arrived in a timely manner and appropriately prepared and warm. Despite the growing crowds we were not rushed to either finish or leave after the table was cleared. Waiting time for a table as we left appeared to be about 15 minutes.

• Visited August 2011

Kitchener, Canada
“Be aware what you order”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

What a disappointment!!!! We frequently travel to Niagara on the Lake with visitors from oversees and decided to try the Irish Harp instead of usual Angel (which has always been fabulous). I had the Steak and guiness pie and it was absolutley dreadful. Upon removing the seperately baked pastry (never a good idea in my mind) the beef was pink on the outside, a sure sign it has not been sealed, and was as tough as old boots. The gravy was so salty it was unedible, the mashed potato contained lumps of almost raw potato and the asparagus was like eating rubber. To cap it off after I had exclaimed my distaste and sent it back (something I have maybe only done once before) the server reported back to me that the manager who was ALSO THE CHEF agreed with me and they would cover my lunch (which wasn't a bonus as I didn't actually eat any)! If the manager is the chef why isn't he/she tasting their food before they send it out. Gordon Ramsey would have a fit at that!!!! The server did offer me a salad but I was so offput by my lunch I could not face anything else there in addition that I would have been eating alone as the service was quite slow and my party would have all finished eating by the time a new dish would have been brought out. Two in our party had the shepeherds pie which they said was seasoned well but very dry, one had the fish and chips which was very good and the other had corned beef which was apparently tasty but had the same lumpy and raw mashed potatoes and rubber asparagus to accompany it. The manager refrained from personally apologising too which I felt was a slight too. It will be back to the Angel from now on.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Karen77_11
Toronto
“Amazing as always”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great little place, quite possible the best fish and chips I have had in Canada. Great service and nice selection of beers. Would defiantly be back

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My friend and I enjoyed a nice dinner here. We were warmly welcomed when we entered and seated in a comfortable booth. I enjoyed a salad with a nice sized portion of grilled chicken and my friend had a salad with large shrimp.

• Visited July 2011
Cambridge, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not the Pub to Visit in Niagara on the Lake”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Looking for a casual dinner and a beer, we were looking for a pub in Niagara on the Lake. We came across The Irish Harp Pub. When we walked inside, it took forever to have someone seat us in the dining room. After we were finally seated, it took over 20 mins to have someone to take our drink orders. While we waited for dinner, we had to endure an absolutely horrible 60's-70's cover band. When the food was finally served, the food cold, not prepared the way we requested it, and without requested sides. Needless to say, we won't ever be going back to this establishment and I would recommend to others thinking of visiting the Irish Harp Pub that they spend their money more wisely.

• Visited January 2011