“Beautiful setting, scrumptious meal, and lovely staff”

Riverbend Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverbend Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An atmosphere of warm elegance, thoughtful service and exquisite 4 diamond cuisine is enjoyed by guests, as well as locals at the Riverbend Inn dining room and lounge. Although small, the dining room invites intimate dining in a relaxed atmosphere. The well trained staff is sincerely dedicated to attending to guests needs promptly and courteously. Our food program - simple, fresh with quality ingredients. The menu is full of delicious surprises. The chef draws fresh inspiration from each passing season while using local specialties. Enjoy farm to table freshness from our herb and vegetable garden located just outside our kitchen doors. Sitting in the dining room, guests enjoy the dramatic views and taste exceptional culinary creations.
new york
“Beautiful setting, scrumptious meal, and lovely staff”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Four of us enjoyed a wonderful experience at the Riverbend! This was our second time visiting Niagara on the Lake and we chose to return to this restaurant for our one dinner in town. The wine list is, of course, interesting with many local options. The filet mignon was done perfectly as was the salmon accompanied by red quinoa. The pork was presented beautifully although one person felt it was a bit too undercooked. The bartender and server were accommodating, friendly and had no problem rescheduling our reservation when several people for whom we were waiting were caught in major traffic coming out of Toronto. The setting is beautiful and comfortable and after dinner, we enjoyed sitting outside on the Adirondack chairs watching a beautiful sunset.

• Visited May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ontario
“A memorable evening out”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was to be a special night out for my wife and I. With four children we do not get out very often. It was our 15th year anniversary and the Riverbend did not disappoint! The service was fantastic from the greet at the door to the to the end of our meal. The food was delicious....all three courses were amazing. They were perfect in size and bursting with flavour. They had a house wine that the server recommended and I was a bit leary......but the red was awesome and my wife had the white and she enjoyed as well. I want to thank the Riverbend and their staff for making this a memorable evening out!!!

• Visited May 2014
Windsor, Canada
“Romantic and elegant!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

There is nothing but great things to say about this place. If you like older English style homes and dining, this is it. We bought the package to have a dinner coupon worth $50 credit and free breakfast. I don't think it was the best deal, but it didn't matter because the meal was top notch with risotto and scallops and great wine. The best part of this place is the friendly service and the convenience of cleaning up before dinner, getting dressed up- and walking to the dining room to enjoy good wine and food. Very fancy rooms with a gas fireplace and beautiful views of the large property. I would highly encourage visitors to this Inn. Elegance and romantic for couples.

• Visited March 2014
riverbendinn, General Manager at Riverbend Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
So nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining experience. Romantic and elegant is a great way to describe our Inn. Would love to welcome you back soon !
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Fabulicious Lunch...not really Fab.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We dined here this past weekend for Fabulicious with some friends and were a bit disappointed. I ordered the Arugula & Spinach salad that was to have ice-wine butternut squash with it??? but when it arrived it looked like a wilted bunch of Arugula centered on a plate and the presentation was not nice, soggy looking with a few pecans and little goat cheese and NO ice-wine butternut squash! When I asked the server she said it was in the dressing??? It's too bad that the server didn't pick up on the absence of the ice-wine Butternut squash like the rest of the tables next to us had... Anyway, I ordered the Risotto, which was fine, not bad, but my husband and a few others ordered the Grilled Chicken Rosemary Focaccia and everyone was surprised that it was a Sandwich??? Yes, Focaccia is bread, but say it's a sandwich on the menu, some people do not know this. The sandwich was accompanied by greasy, soggy fries...As for the Focaccia, not the real stuff, my husband said it was more like crusty bread. The dessert was horrible....the Chocolate cheesecake with berries was the most horrible slice I've ever seen at what is suppose to be a high classed restaurant. Sorry, but it looked as though it was old, dried out and a baked mistake, as it was all cracked. I make cheesecakes, and when made they should not crack. I felt like it was made days ago and put in the fridge without a covering and as far as the berries go...I got 1...Yes, 1 lonely raspberry. I found this was very overpriced especially with the glass of wine we had with it. Not worth the total of $75.00. (including tax) Another note: The servers were far overworked, they should have had more people on, 2 for the whole dining room during Fabulicious, was ridiculous.

1 Thank Sevie S
riverbendinn, Manager at Riverbend Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I must say we were quite surprised, as the feedback from our guests has been outstanding for lunch and dinner.

In regards to your squash inquiry, we were told by your server that you inquired about the beets as there was squash on your salad. She was correct in stating that beet is in the dressing. As for the Chicken Focaccia, this is the first time since the menu was introduced that there has been an issue. All of our desserts are made in house and fresh and the raspberry , as well as other berries are simply a garnish.

We do take all comments from our guests and share them with the team members to use as an opportunity to review and improve our services.

Management and Staff
Riverbend Inn & Vineyard
St. Catharines, Canada
“nice location, restaurant not so great”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Many times we drove by impressive looking winery/restaurant/inn, just at the start of the Niagara River and was curious what's like inside. Quite disappointed, a stuffy place, dark entrance, small dinning place but beautiful view to orchards. Lunch was special Feb/Mar. $25 and $35 for dinner. Appetizers were good. My chicken sandwich was good, french fries were disappointing, soggy and not crisps. My husband white fish wasn't very good, while brown rice and some greens were OK. Desserts were good. Not a place I would go back.

• Visited March 2014
riverbendinn, Manager at Riverbend Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
It is disappointing to hear you were not thrilled with your recent dining experience. The feedback we have received for Fabulicious has been quite good.

People are drawn to the beauty of or inn as they make their way down the Niagara River Parkway. We regularly have people pop in to find out more about us and are excited to hear we have guestrooms and a 4 diamond dining room which is well suited for a property with 21 rooms. It is the intimacy of this space, along with the beautiful views that people find so appealing. The warm weather and the opening of the patio, brings our guests a whole new experience to enjoy !

Management and Staff