“Extremely disappointed”

Riverbend Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverbend Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An atmosphere of warm elegance, thoughtful service and exquisite 4 diamond cuisine is enjoyed by guests, as well as locals at the Riverbend Inn dining room and lounge. Although small, the dining room invites intimate dining in a relaxed atmosphere. The well trained staff is sincerely dedicated to attending to guests needs promptly and courteously. Our food program - simple, fresh with quality ingredients. The menu is full of delicious surprises. The chef draws fresh inspiration from each passing season while using local specialties. Enjoy farm to table freshness from our herb and vegetable garden located just outside our kitchen doors. Sitting in the dining room, guests enjoy the dramatic views and taste exceptional culinary creations.
Hamilton
“Extremely disappointed”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I don't write a lot of reviews on here but when it's warranted I thnk I need too. My wife and I took my brother and sister in law there that were in town from Las Vegas. Let me start off with the 2 women serving us were very good. They were also the bartenders and made great drinks.
Now the food. Appetizers were tasty. We had crab cakes,escargot and scallops.
Now the main course. I ordered the lobster risotto. I wish I took a picture of it. It came in a small dish with a scallop and shrimp on top. Honestly if it didn't have the shrimp and scallop on top you would have thought it was oatmeal. It tasted Blah and I mean a big Blah. Not to mention I couldn't taste any lobster. My wife ordered the feature, which included a lobster tail, beef tenderloin and lobster risotto. The beef was nothing special. I had a bite and it was almost tasteless. The lobster tail was not even cooked all the way through. Oh and the butter for the lobster tail to dip was blah, not even garlic butter. Now for the dessert, we ordered to share the chocolate cheesecake and the warm cinnamon apple cobbler. Sure the chocolate cheesecake was good but the cobbler was not bad but brutal. Came in a small dish, and again I'm being as honest as I can here. It was basically some apples that were cut up with oats on top and heated in the microwave. For a guy that loves his sweets this was truly pathetic.
Overall we were expecting a lot more. For 4 star restaurant that had won awards I don't get it. Very disappointing. This coming from a guy that isn't that fussy.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Joe Q
riverbendinn, Manager at Riverbend Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
We were quite disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your recent dining experience. Your comments have been reviewed with both our Chef and the service team who looked after your table and they were quite surprised by your feedback. We have also had the chance to review other guest’s comments that were submitted for that evening and all were positive, We regret you did not express your concerns to your servers, that evening , when appropriate action could have been taken.
We pride ourselves on exceptional food quality and service and are sincerely sorry, you did not leave feeling pleased with your experience !

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Beautiful setting, wonderful meal!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The meal we had at Riverbend Inn was wonderful! The seafood risotto was delicious and the cheesecake I had for dessert was creamy and tasted amazing.
Rivebend Inn is located in the heart of Niagara's wine region and the view from the dining room is awesome. We looked out over a vineyard and even in September it was a wonderful view of the grapes and the trees beginning to change thier colours.
They also have a lovely patio and a private gazebo to eat outside when the weather permits.
This is well worth the time and money for such a fantastic meal !
The waitress was friendly and thougth of everything to make our meal enjoyable. I felt a little cold during the meal and she brought me a nice blanket to wrap around my shoulders. I felt warm and cosy as a result.

• Visited September 2013
“Beautiful Location”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

A gorgeous patio with a tranquil view to the vineyards. Friendly and attentive staff. We have only been here for lunch a few times, but expect that dinner is equally delectable. A quiet refuge close to NOL.

Visited October 2013
Toronto
“Top 10 all time”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Go at sun set, sit by the window, have their wine and enjoy some of the best food I have ever tasted. The Mussels are the best I have ever had, all the shells are open, no seafood smell, amazing sauce, not salty, the bread is amazing.

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Would like to go back”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had lunch there on Sept. 22/13 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Service was attentive and engaging. There was no concern expressed about myself and the other couple's wife sharing a dish. They did it and it came on two separate plates both nicely garnished and with equal parts of sandwich and salad. The servings were generous for all meals. Nice view and a lovely patio. Unfortunately it was just a bit chilly to sit out. My only grievance is that there was a group that came in towards the end of out meal. Our quiet table became very noisy to the point that we cut our conversation short to leave which turned out to be a good thing because we did not realize how the time had gone on and in fact we were running short of time to get to a wine tour. If the group was staying at the Riverbend Inn, no complaints. If the restaurant is taking groups just for lunch, maybe it is time to reconsider this. It just does not suit the ambiance and detracted from our enjoyment. It is just too small a room to have that many people come in. It would have been better to sit the group at tables of 4 to keep the noise. The larger the table the higher the volume of conversation. Would like to go back and stay there. Looked very nice for a future stay.

• Visited September 2013