“Linda is Just Amazing!”

Butler Creek Hot Tubs and Suites Bed and Breakfast
“Linda is Just Amazing!”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Linda is just amazing! She prepares breakfasts from scratch every morning. Linda’s raspberry-cream cheese stuffed French Toast (with fresh, preservative free Canadian back bacon) was the best breakfast I've ever had. Linda learned I liked raspberries at that meal, and there were raspberries atop my superbly-cooked Pistachio Belgian Waffle the next morning! Linda’s recommendations of where to eat and what to do were spot-on, including a hidden bead shop, a secret way to get down to the Niagara river, a restaurant with unique pizzas and chocolate crème brulee, an inexpensive lakeside grill, and an audience-participation print shop. This should have come as no surprise when I found out she was the designer of the popular Niagara on the Lake attractions map. The Georgia Suite was tasteful, to be sure--but more importantly it was also livable, with a clean, wide, sky lighted corner jacuzzi, 4 liters of icy cold spring water in a small refrigerator in an adjoining private sitting room, and two outlet strips to plug in my assorted electronics! We never got to the fabulous deck outside with its porch swing, festive gazebo and outdoor hot tub; we found the peace of the Georgia Suite on a quiet street just what the doctor ordered!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Linda welcomed us with open arms and from the moment we stepped in the front door we were made to feel like her space was truly our space. The spacious Tara Suite was more than we could have imagined with three spacious rooms, 2 bathrooms and a very generous living area. The hot tub was a fantastic way to end a busy day! Linda's breakfast was like having Mom cook for you and it was evident right from the start that Linda loves what she does and truly cares for those who visit her B&B. I will definitely return whether it be with my girlfriends, husband and children or for a romantic weekend away with my hubby! Thank you Linda for making us feel at home!

London, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My amazing friends booked the Butler Creek this past weekend for my Birthday celebration. We stayed in the Tara Suite and I felt like a princess with a beautiful spacious bedroom and comfy living area for us to relax in. Each morning we awoke to the aroma of fresh coffee and an incredible homecooked breakfast. Linda you are an exceptional cook! It was such an incredible weekend that we have decided to return next year.

Kitchener, Ontario
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Butler Creek Hot Tubs was spacious, comfortable and well-appointed. My girlfriends and I chose this as our accomodation for a little get-away and left feeling well-rested and relaxed. We stayed in the Carolina Suite which had 2 large rooms (a bedroom with queen-sized bed and a sitting room with pull-out couch, a private bathroom and a deck overlooking the back yard. Our host Linda made us feel right at home, and had absolutely every thing we could possibly need--robes, slippers, tea, kettle, fridge with freezer and lots of magazines--at our disposal. We enjoyed a glass of wine (which we picked out enroute to the B&B) in the the outdoor hot tub. Then Linda generously offered to drive us into town for dinner, but when the rain let up, we decided to walk and take in the gorgeous scenery and properties. It only took about 10 minutes and it felt like walking through a painting. I have to say that my fish and chips dinner at The Angel Inn was delicious and their entire menu was very reasonably priced. The Pina Colada I had at The Prince of Wales Hotel was such a treat and it really feels like stepping into a castle. The breakfast that Linda prepared was outstanding, especially the french toast stuffed with cream cheese and berries! All in all, we drove only two hours to get there, but we felt like we were oceans away...and very spoiled. All that without breaking the bank. I would definitely recommend this location for a ladies get-away and can't wait to plan next year's outing.

Bayport, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2010

My son had recently visited Butler Creek and knew that my husband and I would enjoy a vacation there. He contacted Linda Jeffries, the proprietor and she set us up in a comfortable suite. Linda was a warm and friendly hostess and guided us with the travel tips we needed for a lovely stay in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Butler Creek Hot Tubs and Suites B&B exceeded every expectation we had by far! Our host Linda was fantastic, very knowledgeable of all the attractions/wineries/restaurants in the area and extremely welcoming! The suite (Carolina Balcony) was beautiful and the breakfasts were out of this world! We would highly recommend this B&B who desires relaxation, fun, scenery and beautiful accommodations!!

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed in the "Downstairs Suite" at Butler Creek over the May 24 and really enjoyed it. We came in early in the morning and dropped off our car. Linda kindly greeted me and said that we could leave the car there while we went on a biking wine tour. When we got back from the tour, Linda set us up for the Hot Tub, which was a real pleasure, and greatly appreciated. The hot tub has a great view of Linda's nicely wooded backyard. She also has a gazebo right next to the hot tub in case you find it too sunny.

After the hot tub, we asked Linda where we should go for dinner. She recommended the Old Winery, which is about a 10-15 minute walk from Linda's. The food was great, but the service was slow.

At the end of our day, we stayed in the downstairs suite, which has two separate bedrooms, each with their own washroom. There is also a small children's room attached to one of the rooms. The suite is decorated with a flower motif, which my girlfriend found cute, but it was a little bit much for me. The suite itself also has a common room where a group of people can sit on couches and chat. You can't hear anything from upstairs, and I don't think anyone can hear you. My only comment would be that the beds are a little stiff, but if you like that, your fine.

The next morning, we woke up to a wonderful breakfast. Their is a generous platter of fruits, cereals, breads, etc. You can also pick one special item, including waffles, french toast, etc. While these seem ordinary, they are any but that. I had the french toast, which was absolutely delicious. Linda really knows how to cook!

Overall, we enjoyed our experience and we will come back some other time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends