“Outstanding service starting with the hostess up till the dessert”
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Reviewed August 20, 2009

The hostess was outstanding (Elizabeth). She really seemed happy to welcome us to the restaurant and was very polite and put us at a great table. The food and the service was also great. I would go back anytime and recommend it to everyone that goes to Niagara-on-the-Lake

There are newer reviews for Zees Grill

Reviewed August 18, 2009

my wife and i spent our 20th anniversary in Niagara-On-The-Lake...great weekend!
We had dinner on the friday night at Zees on the patio. we had a wonderful meal, great service...I started with Lobster Poutine, i had never heard of it, my wife begged me not to. I did, and she loved them as much as I did. We had a great time, great meal and can't wait to return.

Reviewed July 25, 2009

On a recent overnight stay in Niagara-on-the-Lake, we dined at Zee's. Despite a gloomy evening, dinner on the veranda was a perfectly delightful event. The food was excellent, especially the lobster "poutine", appetizer (amazing!!) The service was attentive and helpful, yet never rushed. My husband and I highly recommend Zee's for a special occassion, and we look forward to going back on our next stay.

Reviewed July 19, 2009

During our recent trip to Niagara on the Lake we ate at Zee's. Good food, relaxing view from the veranda, helpful staff. Good quality for the price.

1  Thank Whiteway
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary in NOTL and based on a number of criteria, including its location right across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre, we decided on Zees for our special dinner. I was a little anxious due to a few reviews, but those fears were quickly allayed.

As we were attending a Shaw show on this Friday night, we made reservations for 5:30 pm. When we arrived, there was plenty of seating available. We were given a nice table for two on the porch, with a nice view of the street, overlooking the gardens. The wait staff were prompt, attentive and polite at all times.

We had the sea scallops and veal dinners, with coconut shrimp as an appetizer. On the waiter's recommendation, we enjoyed the Cattail Creek pinot noir. Bread was also served, and replenished without having to ask. We had a bottle of San Pellegrino water, but I noticed that other tables had their water glasses filled regularly.

The meals were both great. My wife (scallops) commented that it may have been the best she's ever had. I tried a bite, and it was really good. My veal was also excellent. Only minor complaint is that the potatoes were a bit overcooked, but not a biggie. We finished with coffee, no dessert (too full).

Given the high cost of everything in NOTL, I found the prices at Zees very reasonable. We paid $160 for the one appetizer, two meals, 1/2 litre of wine, large bottle of water, two coffees, taxes and 15% tip.

I absolutely recommend this restaurant and suggest you make reservations as it did get busier around 6:30 - 7:00.