“A Special Experience each time we visit”
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
St. Catharines, Canada
“A Special Experience each time we visit”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I took our son and his brand new fiancé for dinner on the veranda before attending the Shaw Festival. Our son works at The River Cafe in New York and can be fussy about both service and food. However, they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Our waiter brought us complimentary champagne and the food was tasty and well prepared. Zee's is one of my favourite restaurants.

1 Thank karenf138

London, Canada
“Tasty”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here for a late lunch. He had lobster poutine which he advised was amazing! I had wings. Due to food intolerances it was the only thing I could eat. Wings were very tasty and definitely worth the price. Yes it is expensive but so is everything else in NOTL. Prices were comparable to other restaurants. The verandah was nice and shaded on a hot day.

Visited August 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“underwhelmed”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

pros- location near shaw festival theater

cons; just so-so food for a high price
felt some of the dishes were"busy"
while meat portions were OK - the vegetarian option was small- more like a larger appetizer.

Brantford, Canada
“Breakfast”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I had breakfast there recently. We ordered Eggs Benedict and it was the best Eggs Benedict I have ever had. The hash brown that accompanied our Eggs Benedict was out of this world, full of flavour and absolutely delicious. I would go back there just for the hash brown.

Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will pass along the positive feedback and I hope that we have the chance to see you again.
Maple, Canada
“If there was a worse review than terrible, this would would apply”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the lobster poutine which took over half an hour to come. We were ok with the wait but when it finally came it was not worth the wait. It was cold. The cheese curds were cold and lobster (lack of) was tasteless. Maybe because there was no lobster. This was still ok until the table beside us got their poutine and surprise what did we see lobster claws. Maybe the kitchen saved the lobster for them. Surely not worth the steep $18.00! For our mains we ordered the hamburger and chicken club without the bacon. Needless to say, these were also disappointments. The chicken came with the bacon and the burger was half the size of the bun. Apparently, people are having different experiences at this restaurant. The kitchen should really focus on consistency. Not worth the wait or the prices. Will not go back and do not recommend this restaurant.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Phyl S
Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at Zees Grill. I am very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your dining experience with us. We only use fresh Knuckle and Claw Lobster meat in our signature Lobster Poutine dish and I'm sorry it didn't present itself in the normal way. Again I apologize for your disappointing experience with us, and we hope that you choose to return to Zees Grill in the future so that we can offer you the guest experience we have become known for.

Jason Dobbie , Chef