“A great unique Niagara-on-the-Lake experience”
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great unique Niagara-on-the-Lake experience”
Reviewed November 20, 2008

I recently spent an evening with some girlfriends at Zee's Patio and Grill. I visited Niagara-on-the-Lake, as the town was recommended by a friend. The town is gorgeous, and after attending the shaw festival we came across Zee's Patio and Grill. I have since returned many times.

The staff at Zee's are very friendly, the restaurant has such a unique design, and they make you feel very comfortable. The food is prepared exquisitely, and Zee's brought fun and acceptance into fine dining.

We sat on the veranda, which displays a great view of the nice gardens and streets of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Stephanie, the food and beverage manager, made sure we enjoyed our stay as she was very helpful and friendly. Our server was very nice in assisting us with wine pairings and food choices, and gave suggested great local wines to fulfill our Niagara experience.

I highly recommend Zee's Patio and Grill anytime of the year. During the summer it's fun to sit outside on the veranda or enjoy the sun on the patio. In the winter there's a cozy fire place and comfortable dining room, enough to bring that extra romance back in your life. The menu is great, the staff is excellent, the decor is beautiful, and the overall experience was quite enjoyable.

I enjoyed the experience and fun of Zee's, I'm happy to take the time to write this review in hopes of spreading the word. It's definitely one of the better, and nicer restaurants of downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Edinburgh
“Fabulous Everything!”
Reviewed October 20, 2008

This place was recommended by friends who live locally as a great place to try and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, I am a big seafood fan and could not find fault with the variety on the menu or the food when it arrived. The service was excellent and we found the staff very knowledgeable about the food and the wine on offer. I would recommend this place to anyone and hope to go back on our next visit to the area.

buffalo, ny
“cute, nice on the patio”
Reviewed July 27, 2008

This is a nice little place. They tend to run out of things on the menu. Bernie our waiter was very nice, and man, he REALLY knows the place. Cute, lively staff all around, this is a tourist location, and the portion sizes show it. The men in our group of 8 generally ordered double portions. The tuna appetizer is microscopic, you have to order two to know you had it. The striploin steak wasa substantial piece of meat nicely done.

Costly but cute.

1 Thank Maui2soon
Sterling Heights, MI
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We were looking for somewhere a little different to eat at this time in NOTL. Zee's did not disappoint. Although the prices are a little high, you get a decent amount of food for the price. Alcoholic drinks did seem to be on the high side, but entrees were fair. I had the "Sheets" pasta dish which was like a vegetarian lasagna and it was excellent. My wife had the salmon and she raved about it from bite #1 and she's picky about how her fish is served.

Very nice ambiance and the wait staff was extremely attentive.

2 Thank msack
Niagara
“Wow what a great night!”
Reviewed July 16, 2008

My wife and I dined at this well renowned restaurant tonight. We were recommended to it by friends and we were not disappointed. We sat on a lovely veranda over looking old Niagara on the Lake. The weather was beautiful and the service as light as the breeze. My wife started with a very cleverly presented "popcorn shrimp" the sauce of which was sweet, salty, tart and matched perfectly with the tempura fried shrimp. I confess I had to choose two appetizers because I couldn't decide! The first of which was Salmon Gravlax. The menu claimed it was house cured, and the delicate morsels that arrived at my table proved that the Chef has Integrity to go along with the great skills of Charcutrie. The second appetizer was Croque Monsieur. A round of fresh goat's cheese lightly breaded in panko and warmed. Served with rocket and a REALLY good prosciutto, roasted red peppers and some sort of wine vinaigrette. Tough to say, but I think that one stole the show. Wine to go with apps was a nice local pinot grigio. My wife chose the Luau Pork for a main. Organic pork tenderloin with a delicious, tangy pineapple BBQ sauce, bacon mashed potatoes (again house cured!) and nicely arranged on a long plate with grilled pineapple. My wife loved it. So did I. For my main I chose the duck magret. Nicely seared on glass noodles with shiitake and sesame. The server presented my duck and then poured duck "tea" from a Chinese teapot over the bowl. Nice touch, the aroma was amazing! Wine for me was a local Pinot Noir and for my wife, a nice crisp Niagara reisling. Dessert was an exploding chocolate cake with vanilla soaked cherries, accompanied by Ice wine and espresso. To follow was cheese, but we had no room! Next time. All in all one of my favorite dining experiences! Service was attentive but not intrusive. Our Server had a great knowledge of the food and wine and claimed that he dined there regularly. I can see why, the Chef must be truly passionate about food. It shines through. Go there soon!

3 Thank Pendragon007