“Nothing short of love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Grill, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Toronto, Canada
“Nothing short of love!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

From the quality of food, flavour, attention to detail, customer service, cleanliness and presentation - nothing short of fabulous! Love, love, LOVE! Menu items are from local farmers. Dinner choices which are low in carbs and vegetarian. Brilliant! Took my mom for dinner - to this day she can't stop talking about how great the food was. Super friendly staff. Breakfast the next day was fantastic. Always a win!! My favourite restauarant in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Awesome review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Zees Grill with us. Chef Jason Dobbie creates such beautiful dishes, I can see why you loved the vegetarian options. So glad you were able to join us for breakfast too. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Niagara on the Lake

Mississauga, Canada
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had the pleasure of having dinner and breakfast at Zees, both the food and service were exceptional. For dinner my fiancé and I shared the lobster poutine to start, which I would highly recommend, and for dinner we each had the Zees burger with house greens. The food was so flavourful and just enough food to not make you feel so stuffed. The breakfast was just as delicious and contained eggs, bacon, toast, a potato thing I forget the name of and delicious fresh fruit topped with bee pollen. My dinner and breakfast experience were absolutely incredible from start to finish!

Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your dinner experience. We realize there are many great choices in Niagara on the Lake and are pleased you could dine with us. The Burger and Poutine are great dishes and some of my personal favorites! We look forward to seeing you again.
Mississauga, Canada
“Lobster Poutine & Burger”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Was here for business, went to Zees and had the lobster poutine. That delicious lobster poutine. Lots of flavor!
I had the burger for dinner...cooked perfectly, bacon, well dressed.
Waitress (Meghan) was friendly and attentive. Definitely a must if you're looking for great food options in NOTL

Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for such a great review of Zees Grill. The Lobster Poutine is a guest favorite, I am happy you enjoyed it! I will pass the great comments on to Meghan and the entire staff. We look forward to you visiting us again.
Caledon, Canada
“This time slow service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Expensive and slow service. The restaurant was not full. We told the waiter we wanted to share a caesar salad and clubhouse sandwich. The salad came in 1 bowl and the "sandwich" came on a roll and not cut in half. We had to ask twice for a extra plate for us to share. Not too impressed this time. We have been to many restaurants were the kitchen staff will put your order on 2 plates.

• Visited April 2014
Burlington, Canada
“Great atmosphere, attentive staff, delicious food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in NOL for the night and he recommended Zees for dinner. We arrived pretty late for dinner on a Friday night (8:45ish) and were seated immidiately even without a reservation. We ended up at a small table right by the fireplace, which was romantic and very nice.

Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. We both had wine and ordered caeser salads to start. I requested mine without bacon (not much of a red meat eater) and that was no problem. I love a traditional caeser salad, but always enjoy when a restaurant puts their own twist on it. Our salads were topped with quail eggs, which were lovely. They also came with dead-fried anchoives. Neither of us had tried anchoives before, so that was exciting. They were quite salty, but with the crunch of the batter it wasn't too much.

After salads we were served and amuse bouche. The standard fare was squash and bacon, but our server being so attentive brought me a watermelon salad instead. I thought that was very nice.

For my main I chose the Tuna Loin. I was lovely. Very lightly cooked, but still served warm on a bed of soba noodles and bok choy. On the side was a sweet chilli sauce which was spicey and a cool mix with the tuna.

We had a great time at Zees and definitely will be back. They were relatively busy for a Friday night but we never had a issue with wait times for drinks or food and our server was always near by.

• Visited April 2014