“Great food!”
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Nice ambiance, good service, great food! Would go again.

I got the Roasted AAA Beef Rib Eye (not typically my first choice of cut) but it was amazing. The truffled potato agnolotti was the best. Would get again!

Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and your dinner. The agnolotti dish is one of my personal favourites along with the rib eye. We invite you to join us again the next time you are in Niagara on the Lake.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,852)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I had a couple of breakfasts and a fabulous dinner at Zees while staying at the Shaw Club Hotel. Each experience was thoroughly enjoyable, but the dinner was extraordinary. The breakfasts were very fresh and well prepared, the staff attentive and helpful but not overbearing. There was a standard faire of menu items, as well as some interesting treats including a lovely salmon dish.

Dinner on New Year's Eve was the highlight of our trip to the Niagara Wine Region. We went with the wine-paired menu and were not in any way disappointed. The wine selected for each of the seven courses was from the region and really did compliment the meal. It was a bit pricy, but well worth the extra cost given the dining experience. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

In a lovely and friendly atmosphere we enjoyed the wonderful food at Zees. The service was excellent and the kitchen accommodated some minor dietary changes. Our food (melon salad, salmon, dumplings, and bento bowl) was excellent. My only complaint (which is not the restaurant's fault) was the huge number of fruit flies buzzing around. It was grape harvest time and, although not surprising, it would have been nice of the restaurant to warn us when we made reservations. We would have sat inside.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a fabulous meal here during our stay in December. What I liked about the menu is that it's not your typical type of food. We had the Warm Butternut Squash, Mushroom & Ham Hock Salad as an appetizer. Then we had the Sous Vide Ontario Pork Loin & Confit Belly as well as the Nova Scotia Lobster Poutine. Everything was amazing, the service was fantastic and the actual space surrounding the restaurant is very nice to walk around. I highly recommend this restaurant but not if you don't like 'different' menu items.

Thank you for taking the time to review Zees Grill. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner. I agree, our menu created by the entire kitchen team lead by Jason Dobbie offers great flavours! Please join us again the next time you are in Niagara on the Lake.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went with friends (table of 8) to Zees Grill during the promotional Fabulicious event on Nov 14 2013. It was recommended by one of our party members as one we should try. Half the group ordered the Sous Vide Salmon and the other half ordered the steak. Both the salmon and the steak were great. My wife had the Warm Butternut Squash, Mushroom & Ham Hock Salad and I had the caesar salad. Both were very good. I don't recall what we had for desert but all were good. Everyone in our group expressed their desire to return to Zees for future meals. The services was very attentive and the atmosphere was warm and private. This is the first time I visited Zees despite living in NOTL for the past 5 years. It had the reputation of being too expensive for what you get. I would rate Zees up with the best of all the restaurants in NOTL.

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. To be considered one of the best is an honor. I am happy you enjoyed your dinner and the service. We look forward to seeing you again!