“Great meal during Fabulicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Great meal during Fabulicious”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went with friends (table of 8) to Zees Grill during the promotional Fabulicious event on Nov 14 2013. It was recommended by one of our party members as one we should try. Half the group ordered the Sous Vide Salmon and the other half ordered the steak. Both the salmon and the steak were great. My wife had the Warm Butternut Squash, Mushroom & Ham Hock Salad and I had the caesar salad. Both were very good. I don't recall what we had for desert but all were good. Everyone in our group expressed their desire to return to Zees for future meals. The services was very attentive and the atmosphere was warm and private. This is the first time I visited Zees despite living in NOTL for the past 5 years. It had the reputation of being too expensive for what you get. I would rate Zees up with the best of all the restaurants in NOTL.

• Visited November 2013
Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. To be considered one of the best is an honor. I am happy you enjoyed your dinner and the service. We look forward to seeing you again!

Dunnville, Canada
“This is how eating out should taste”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Very nice atmosphere; quiet; attentive staff, our server Joe was great! The app (Thai Beef) and entree (Lake Erie white fish) were genuinely superb. Reasonably priced. Plenty of onsite parking - free!

Visited December 2013
Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Zees Grill. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food and service. The Thai Beef salad has such great flavours. We hope the next time you are in Niagara on the lake you will join us again!
New York City, New York
“Great staff, manager”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I typically don't write reviews but I was very pleased with my experience at Zees Grill. Beyond good food, I really enjoyed the attentiveness and kindness of the staff. I was particularly impressed with the manager (I think her name was Peggy Jo). She was incredibly responsive and good-natured, while hustling all over the restaurant. She also dealt with some loud/rowdy customers really professionally. I plan to go back.

• Visited October 2013
Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you so much for such an amazing review of Zees Grill. I agree, we really do have an amazing staff. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner and that we were able to relocate you to a quieter table. I hope the next time you are in Niagara on the Lake you will dine with us again.
canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been to Zees twice for lunch and really enjoyed the food and the ambience. On Dec. 14, I had recommend Zees and arranged a dinner for a party of 6. It was one disappointment after another. In the summer the Caesar salads were amazing with shaved cheese and I had told my guests to order one. They came with a small amount of cheese and a miniscule amount of dressing......blah !! Two of the meals were sent back as they were not hot and the replacements were no improvement. The other 6 dinners were mediocre at best. Very disappointed !

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank catrinaCanada
Jason_Dobbie, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to sincerely apologize for your disappointing dining experience with us. We would love for you and your guests to return to Zees again. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Chef, Jason Dobbie
“Surprised”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

During a weekend stay in NOTL we dined at both the Charles Inn and Zees Grill...thinking that our experience at the first establishment would be the better of the two. We were very wrong. Our dinner at Zees was outstanding. The quality and presentation of the food continued to amaze with eat course...our server (Kevin) was very informed and helpful (he even remembered we were celebrating a birthday). When you are in NOTL you must put Zees Grill at the top of your dining list. Fabulous.

• Visited December 2013