“This is how eating out should taste” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Dunnville, Canada
“This is how eating out should taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Very nice atmosphere; quiet; attentive staff, our server Joe was great! The app (Thai Beef) and entree (Lake Erie white fish) were genuinely superb. Reasonably priced. Plenty of onsite parking - free!

Visited December 2013
Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Zees Grill. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food and service. The Thai Beef salad has such great flavours. We hope the next time you are in Niagara on the lake you will join us again!

New York City, New York
“Great staff, manager”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I typically don't write reviews but I was very pleased with my experience at Zees Grill. Beyond good food, I really enjoyed the attentiveness and kindness of the staff. I was particularly impressed with the manager (I think her name was Peggy Jo). She was incredibly responsive and good-natured, while hustling all over the restaurant. She also dealt with some loud/rowdy customers really professionally. I plan to go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you so much for such an amazing review of Zees Grill. I agree, we really do have an amazing staff. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner and that we were able to relocate you to a quieter table. I hope the next time you are in Niagara on the Lake you will dine with us again.
canada
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been to Zees twice for lunch and really enjoyed the food and the ambience. On Dec. 14, I had recommend Zees and arranged a dinner for a party of 6. It was one disappointment after another. In the summer the Caesar salads were amazing with shaved cheese and I had told my guests to order one. They came with a small amount of cheese and a miniscule amount of dressing......blah !! Two of the meals were sent back as they were not hot and the replacements were no improvement. The other 6 dinners were mediocre at best. Very disappointed !

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank catrinaCanada
Jason_Dobbie, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to sincerely apologize for your disappointing dining experience with us. We would love for you and your guests to return to Zees again. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Chef, Jason Dobbie
“Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

During a weekend stay in NOTL we dined at both the Charles Inn and Zees Grill...thinking that our experience at the first establishment would be the better of the two. We were very wrong. Our dinner at Zees was outstanding. The quality and presentation of the food continued to amaze with eat course...our server (Kevin) was very informed and helpful (he even remembered we were celebrating a birthday). When you are in NOTL you must put Zees Grill at the top of your dining list. Fabulous.

Orchard Park, New York, United States
“Great stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This was our third time at Zees and surely won't be our last.Service and foods were great as usual.Had a little wait for our entre but we were a party of six with some of us having special requests for our meal.Our waiter was very accommodating to our requests.Thank you again!

Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am happy to hear you enjoyed everything and that we were able to accommodate any dietary issues. It is always so great to hear our guests enjoyed both the food and the service. We look forward to seeing you again.