“Divine”
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Highly recommend this place if there is a vegetarian in your dinner party.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife had haddock; I had lobster poutine. Both had wonderful taste, but were much too salty for our tastes. Service was good but not outstanding.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Ate five breakfasts here. Great food, good variety and very well priced. Excellent service. Offer lunch and dinner as well.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My friends and I arrived in ample time (6:00 for an 8:00 show). It took FOREVER for our food to arrive. It was getting closer to 7:00 (about 6:45, I think) and we still hadn't been served our appetizers. Everyone around us was eating, but when I looked around, I noticed that we were the only table with 3 women. Could that have been a factor? In any case, EVENTUALLY the manager delivered our appetizers and instead of compensating us in some manner for our wait (most other restaurants I've been to would have provided SOMETHING for free after that long a wait), she said that the order was late because we had drinks (we hadn't; I was the only one who ordered a diet coke). In general, obnoxious treatment that spoiled an otherwise pleasant meal. We felt rushed to gobble down our entree so we could leave by 7:30 (something I had indicated in our reservation, BTW). I've been to Zee's many times in the past (and we even used to stay at the Shaw Club) and never experienced anything like this before. But in the past, I was always with a male companion. I certainly hope that wasn't what made the difference this time.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

On our last night in Niagara we had a late dinner at Zee's Grill in the Shaw Club Hotel. It was a beautiful evening so we choose a great table on the veranda which made for a terrific dining atmosphere.

The food was outstanding, after an amuse bouche I had the gazpacho which was perfect on a warm summer evening, and my wife had a watermelon & strawberry salad which she said was amazing. For an entree my seared tuna was some of the best I've ever had, served with an asian flair. My wife equally enjoyed her west coast halibut. For dessert we shared the dark chocolate and hazelnut candybar which was incredible. The food at Zee's was likely the best we had on our trip to Niagara. Service was good as well, though perhaps a little bit rushed, and the pricing was very reasonable.

Zee's is definately on the top of our list for another visit in the future!

Peggy W, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Tuna is one of Chefs signature dishes and a very popular choice. We hope that you will be able to dine with us again in the future.