“Great food and service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Toronto, Canada
“Great food and service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Because it's a smaller hotel the Zee's Grill doesn't stay open late for those who want some latenight drinks and food. However, there are some great Pubs nearby!

Visited February 2013

Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold dinner on a cold eveing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Me and my family went to Zees Patio & Grille for dinner on 3rd of March 2013. We have read several great reveiws and was looking forward to a great meal. We had a great waiter full of energy, ever willing to assist - that was the only highlights of the evening. My food and my wife's main meal arrived icy cold, bread served was cold, prices were were sky high with no value for money, we will never go back to this restaurant ever again and will never recommend this place to anyone either. It was a most dissapointing evening we have ever experienced.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank M S
Jason_Dobbie, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I apologize that you were disappointed with your dinning experience. If we had been aware that evening that your entrée was not hot enough, we would have immediately rectified the situation. Here at Zees we take pride in using the freshest local seasonal ingredients whenever possible, and our menu is priced accordingly. Our bread is always served fresh and at room temperature, however we would be happy to warm it for you if you decide to return to Zees.

Jason Dobbie
Chef
London, Ontario, Canada
“Delicious local foods!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I went to Niagara-on-the-lake for a beletaed Valentine's weekend. Zee's was on the top of our list for food, based on the reviews we had read. It did not disappoint. The food was very flavorful, and unique. I had the Rae Albacore Tuna and my wife had the chicken special. Both were delicious and the perfect portion sizes. We also shared a Cheese and Charcuterie platter which came with amazing preserves and pickles - this is a MUST TRY!
To wash it down we tried the Award Winning Orange Martini... I advise that you do the same! :-)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason_Dobbie, Manager at Zees Grill, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for spending your belated valentines dinner with us here at Zees Grill. The Albacore Tuna dish showcases flavours that are otherwise hard to find in most restaurants in town. That’s what makes it so unique and different. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Jason Dobbie
Chef
Arthur, Ontario, Canada
“Great dinner at Zee's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I took my family to Zee's last Saturday night and once again it was amazing. I had the Rib Eye steak and the rest of my family had the lobster poutine for appetizer, which they greatly enjoyed.They either had the Scallops or Rib Eye and all the meals were very well presented and delicious. We will return again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane O
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

First week in February we went for dinner at Zee's and we had a remarkable time.
Excellent food, very good local wine and the most perfect service made us return two weeks later and I couldn't help but I ordered the "pork belly" again, it was so good, I almost licked my plate!! John was again our server, he is just excellent and he even remembered my name!! He turned the tables for us!!
As for the wine we had a wonderful 2011 Pinot Noir from Between the Lines Winery,..

It's a must, if you are visiting Niagara on the Lake!