“Wonderful food, great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Grill, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

We are recent newcomers to Niagara on the Lake and as such we are trying many of the popular restaurants in the area. We went to Zee's Grill on a quiet Monday in June and the food and service were amazing. We would recommend it highly.

Burlington, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

We ate at Zee's for Dinner and Breakfast as we stayed at the Shaw Hotel.. the Dinner meal was really delicious. my wife had the Lobster Poutine which I tried and it was really amazing.

Loch Arbour, New Jersey
“Not worth the price!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

I visited Zee's when I was a guest at The Shaw Club. It is attached to the hotel and is where their breakfast was served.
I had one dinner, one lunch and four breakfasts.

SERVICE; Excellent wait staff at all times.

LOCATION; Very nice outdoor patio

FOOD;
For dinner I had a House Salad, Pan-fried Perch with Asparagus and Couscous Salad, Tapioca Fritter and Jam Roll-up.
The house salad was very good, as was the asparagus, couscous,and Tapioca Fritter. the Perch just so-so and the Jam Roll-up was so dry that it wasn't edible.

Lunch: Poached Calamari and Shrimp Salad and mini-creme brulee. The salad was pretty bad...so much so that they gave me a discount on the bill. The creme-brulee excellent.

Breakfast: Included in the hotel room was supposedly a buffet continental breakfast. There was no buffet. The wait staff will bring you a yogurt with fruit and granola, cinnamon bun and toast. For an extra $7.50 you can order off the four item menu. That menu was the same each morning. I passed on the continental. Two mornings I ordered the ham and cheese omelet which came with sliced tomatoes and whole-grain toast. The other two I had scrambled eggs, sliced tomatoes and toast. The omelet was average (cheese not melted). The toast was excellent.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good food, could be better...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

The food was nice, but lacked a bit of seasoning. The portion sizes were good, we certainly didn't go hungry! Service could have been better too, after my starter, my cutlery was taken away and my main arrived and I didn't have a knife. I asked the waiter to bring me one, which he forgot. After I asked again, it was still slow in coming.

I think we were most excited about the free corkage and the bottle of wine we'd brought with us from Konzelmann vineyard.

The evening was pleasant and the food nice, but overall, I think it could have been better.

Kincardine
“Funky food on a great patio.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

I had dinner on the patio on a warm sunny evening last week. The patio was really pretty and although it was busy the service and the food were great. There was a good choice of wines and the waitress selected a lovely food/wine pairing for me. Everyone treated me well, even though I was a woman on my own. Food quality and the setting are really good value.