“Good, but not great, especially for the money”
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Grill, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Toronto, Canada
“Good, but not great, especially for the money”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I found the room to be too noisy, due to the high celiings. My wife enjoyed the decor, me less so. The food and presentation were good. My wife had a Caesar salad, which was fine, and I had the soup, Parsnip, which was very good. For mains, I had the scallops and lentils. Tasty lentils, but my god, there must have been two pounds of them on my plate. If I ate it all, I probably would have had to check in to the gastrointestinal clinic at the hospital. The scallops were just OK. My wife had the pan fried trout with Jersulaem artichoke ravioli. Trout tasted very greasy. Texture was nice, but flavour was all oil. The ravioli was nice. With a glass of wine, one beer, and 2 apps and 2 mains, including tip, was $132. Way too much for that quality food.

• Visited May 2011

Oswego, NY
“A mediocre meal”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We have eaten at Zee's several times and had good meals. Our recent dinner resulted in a very poor experience. The service was incredibly slow (had to ask for water, never received bread) and the food was marginal. Both the steak and chicken were extremely overcooked. The menu seemed to be more creative in the past. With such a fine selection of restaurants in NOTL it will be a while before we try Zee's again.

• Visited April 2011
Toronto, Canada
“A Discovery!”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

In spite of being in "Downtown Disney", Zee's Grill is a fabulous discovery. Perfect service - informed, interested, and attentive. Intriguing food choices, wonderfully prepared. A great selection of "Niagara's finest" wines. A quirky, but comfortable ambience - where did they get those African art pieces?

My only quible? Wines at 300% of the price I would pay at the already-ludicrously marked-up LCBO prices...

• Visited April 2011
Rochester, New York
“The food was exceptional and the service was amazing.”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We will definitely be dining at Zee's again on our next trip to Niagara on the Lake. Gareth, our server, was excellent. He was very sensitive to my husband's blindness which was much appreciated by my husband. The timing of the courses was perfect. I can't say enough good things about Zee's. We at at a few other restaurans in Niagara on the Lake and Zee's was far superior to all of them.

Visited April 2011
Ontario
“WOW”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

A small select menu and it was fabulous. A small comfortable, warm atmosphere. I had the trout with a dry reisling and my husband had the chicken. Served with a twist and really good. We arrived after last seating and I am sure the server and the chef were excited to get home early on a Monday night but they seated us and served us without a hitch, appetizers to dessert. How appreciative we were as it was our anniversary dinner!

• Visited March 2011