“A mediocre meal”
Review of Zees Grill

Zees Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zees Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen St
Description: Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is a Niagara-on-the-Lake hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We have eaten at Zee's several times and had good meals. Our recent dinner resulted in a very poor experience. The service was incredibly slow (had to ask for water, never received bread) and the food was marginal. Both the steak and chicken were extremely overcooked. The menu seemed to be more creative in the past. With such a fine selection of restaurants in NOTL it will be a while before we try Zee's again.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

In spite of being in "Downtown Disney", Zee's Grill is a fabulous discovery. Perfect service - informed, interested, and attentive. Intriguing food choices, wonderfully prepared. A great selection of "Niagara's finest" wines. A quirky, but comfortable ambience - where did they get those African art pieces?

My only quible? Wines at 300% of the price I would pay at the already-ludicrously marked-up LCBO prices...

Reviewed April 22, 2011

We will definitely be dining at Zee's again on our next trip to Niagara on the Lake. Gareth, our server, was excellent. He was very sensitive to my husband's blindness which was much appreciated by my husband. The timing of the courses was perfect. I can't say enough good things about Zee's. We at at a few other restaurans in Niagara on the Lake and Zee's was far superior to all of them.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

A small select menu and it was fabulous. A small comfortable, warm atmosphere. I had the trout with a dry reisling and my husband had the chicken. Served with a twist and really good. We arrived after last seating and I am sure the server and the chef were excited to get home early on a Monday night but they seated us and served us without a hitch, appetizers to dessert. How appreciative we were as it was our anniversary dinner!

Reviewed March 22, 2011

All around great experience. We dined at Zee's a few times (Breakfast & Dinner) over the course of our 2 day stay at the Shaw Club. Excellent service by the staff. Our dinner server (Yvonne) was excellent throughout even offering to take pictures for us as we were there celebrating our engagement. Although the name slips my mind of the server who served us breakfast the 2 days she was excellent as well and always had everything under control in the dining area while juggling multiple tables.

Excellent food all around.

My only real gripe was the portion sizes. Although the breakfast portions were great for the price (especially if you were a hotel guest at the Shaw Club as they were further reduced), the dinner portions were rather small. I understand that certain upscale dining experiences push for atmosphere & presentation more than portions but when I pay $40 for a steak dinner I would hope I'd walk out of there full. I'd like to compare it to The Keg where you can get a Steak, (large) baked potato, veggies & a salad for the same $40 asking price. Just my two cents and thats all I'd really like to see improved during my next visit.

Both my (now) fiancee and I are own at the Shaw Club about twice per year and dine at Zee's during our stays. We'll always return as we love the Hotel & Restaurant but better portion sizes would go a long way in making this a 5-Star experience for me.

-Kyle