“You'll be glad you chose this one!”

The Clover Field House
Cedar Rapids, IA
“You'll be glad you chose this one!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at Clover Field House with another couple. We each had our own bedroom, bathroom, and balcony. Our rooms were very clean and nicely decorated with a European flair. The owners, Yveta and Norman were very gracious, but also extremely careful to give us privacy. We also enjoyed the backyard for having a bottle of wine in the late afternoon before dinner. I can't say enough about how great the breakfasts were. We were there for 4 mornings and were treated to 4 different and wonderful meals with more than enough food to eat. This bed and breakfast is a very good deal for the price, and I give it my best recommendation.

Room Tip: For extra space, book the suite. You will even have a private outdoor area!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
South Euclid
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have traveled extensively all over Europe several times, and have never seen the hospitality, genuine kindness, delectable breakfast feasts and friendly advice as I have at the Clover Field House in Niagara on the Lake. They accommodated my little Maltese as if we were family members! Furthermore, Iveta couldn't have been more accommodating during my many conversations with her to change arrangements several times over the three months until our arrival.

Our friends, who stayed with us at the Clover Field House, marveled with us at our great luck in finding this gem at NOL where hospitality is so treasured! You can be sure we plan to return. We'd be crazy not to!!

Room Tip: Speak to Iveta and she will give you excellent advice for your needs!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anne L
Oakland County MI
Reviewed September 26, 2012

A stay at Cloverfield House is like spending the weekend at a fine European Manor home, not only are you surrounded by beautiful and priceless antiques you are treated like a combination of royalty and visiting family. Iveta, the lady of the manor is originally from Europe and has spent the last 20 years or so as a Toronto interior designer and antiques dealer, her knack for design is evident as you walk through the public areas. We had the pleasure of staying in two different rooms and both were beautiful, due to it's separate sitting room and private patio we preferred the suite but I would not hesitate to stay in either room again. The home was just purchased by Iveta and her husband Norman this year, I assume it was a complete renovation because not only were the furnishings beautiful the important things like bath tubs, toilet, sinks and so forth looked to be brand new and I must say sparkling clean. So much impressed me but I must say after staying in many B & B s that had lovely furniture, not many were as sparkling clean as Cloverfield House, I would dare anyone to find a dust bunny lurking there. For being new to the B & B industry, Iveta and Norman's hospitality is second to none, their breakfast each morning was amazing, so many courses and each made from scratch and served on beautiful china, my favorite was a meat filled crepe'. (Norman if you are reading this, I want that every day when I return, along with a side of the egg filled pastry) They also bent over backwards to accommodate special requests made by my husband and I.

One of the reasons we choose Cloverfield was because they allowed dogs, we traveled with Lola our 5.5 lb dog, they not only made my husband and I feel at home but Lola as well. Their son Edgars was always willing to play ball with her and even keep her company when we went out to dinner.

On a last note this really says something about their hospitality, I had guests arrive for a day visit with their Yorkie. They were warmly greeted by Iveta and Norman and taken to my private patio area, before I knew it a complete coffee service, juice and muffins were delivered on a beautiful tray, long after they had served and cleaned up breakfast. My husband and I will have fond memories of Iveta, Norman, Edgars and their lovely Cloverfield House for a long time, but I also plan to make new ones when we return back there in 2013

If you are looking for an old world beautiful B & B that has up to date fixtures, comfortable bed, is sparkling clean and run by a very hospitable couple Cloverfield should be your choice. For giggles here are a few pics of "Queen" Lola surrounded by some of the beautiful furniture.

Room Tip: if you are a couple and can spend a little extra the suite would be nice, but all rooms are very nic...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donna B
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very comfortable bed & breakfast in a quaint town. Very clean. Breakfasts were great..so much food and fresh food!! Looked forward to breakfast every morning! The owners were so hospitable and helpful...enjoyed our time there. We would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The owners of this place is very different from the reviews made in 2010. It seems that the owners have changed hands. I applied for two mid- week days recently. The application clearly stated that it is not confirmed until I heard from them. I did not hear from them for many days, so i changed my booking to another date and place, as the shows i wanted to see on NOTL were more appropriate.
On the day of the supposed
Booking with Clover Field, i got a call from the owner saying that I had still not arrived. Calling them in astonishment, i reminded her that i had not received confirmation. She insisted that she did and even sent the reply to confrim on the day of my booking. She did offer to wait, or to allow me to come over the weekend, but i had already booked for the other B and B as well as tickets, and could not change. She initially said she would refund me the money, but then started a long ,long complaint in a most unpleasant voice, on their rules, and how i did break them. By them i was so fed up, and seeing their reply which seemed legitimate, i got so fed up, i told her to go ahead.
On thinking about it after settling down, i realised that indeed, i did not receive their reply, because my computer had sent thier reply to Spam, as they had REPLIED USING ThEIR FIRST NAMES RATHER THAn CLOVERFIELD HOUSE, and i always erase everything from my Spam because i had been hacked twice this year!
I wrote to them again,nd even suggested a rain check for one of their off season days, but she sent a very rude reply of rejection.
If there is a zero on the review stars, that would be what i would have given them for poor diplomacy.
Turned off forever!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank angie c
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently had occassion to stay at this impressive B&B in Niagara-on-the-Lake. (Clover Field House must have been memorable as I normally would not write reviews)

The location seemed ideal as a right turn from the house took me downtown in about a minute's drive while a left turn took me to the wineries, the beautiful countryside and a nearby lakeside park and swimming area.

The hosts were very engaging, attentive and knowledgable about the area and its events. They even gave me all kinds of helpful hints and useful info for my upcoming trip to Europe! Breakfast was a feast of fresh bread, muffins, cheese, fruit, omelettes and assorted other goodies. This set up the day perfectly as my next meal was dinner.

Other thoughts: great decor in the house; large garden area; comfortable room and bed. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Deluxe had everything to please- sitting room, private patio and awesome bathroom with large jacuzzi
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at the Cloverfield House B&B in Niagara-on-the Lake (Ontario) twice this summer and it was a delightful experience. I went with the Deluxe Room (5 nights in total) which comes with a separate sitting room, a bathroom with Jacuzzi, and a small private garden. The entire house is beautifully decorated with authentic rare 19th Century French and Italian marble and bronze statues and furniture while the exteriors are almost entirely covered with green old ivies giving a feeling of visiting some charming villa south of France. The gardens are full of pleasant surprises too; one can actually observe stars from a private balcony or a veranda on a nice evening. The place is close to the shopping, dining and entertainment; the Lake is nearby and a short bike-ride takes one into an unspoiled nature. The hosts (Iveta and Norman) are welcoming and attentive and the breakfasts are delicious. With fall coming, I'm already anticipating my next 'escape' to this place where I'm sure to return over and over during all seasons. A. K., Mississauga, ON.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room (suite) on the main floor is perfect for someone craving that very special privacy, but...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo