“Nice Pinot Noir (1)”

Niagara Wine Country Tour and Tasting
$88.65*
Niagara-on-the-Lake Wine Tour with Lunch
More attraction details
Owner description: Niagara's Exclusive Lakefront Winery. Founded in 1893 outside of Stuttgart Germany, Founded in 1984 in Niagara-on-the-Lake.100% Niagara grown and produced VQA wines crafted, owned and operated by the Konzelmann family. Tasting Boutique, Tours, Private Experiences, Cheese Platters, Full Production Facility, Barrel Cellar, Corporate Events, Special Event Dinners/Luncheons, Weddings, Lakefront Vineyard with view of Toronto, CN Tower, Rogers Centre. Proud Canadian first to place on "Wine Spectators Top 100 List"
Reviewed September 14, 2013

If you like a light red with great finish this is a nice red to have. They have a Pinot Noir 0 but I found it bit tart. Very friendly staff ad helpful with your selections of wines to taste.

There are newer reviews for Konzelmann Estate Winery

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Family run winery. Very friendly staff and great place to have a glass of wine outside and enjoy the view of lake Ontario.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Today my group went on a Wine Tour for my mom's birthday and Konzelmann was our first stop. What a way to start the day!!! The winery itself is just stunning! The grounds are beautiful with an AMAZING view of the water. All of the buildings are reminiscent of the winery's German roots, surrounded by rich landscaping and a breath-taking view of Lake Ontario to it's classic elegance and warmth as you pass through gorgeous, ornate doors. We were early for our tour, and noticing that there were already many tours in progress, decided to explore. The foyer opened to the stairway to the tower, in which you receive a 360 degree view of the land. Although they were very small windows, the "old" German architecture gave just enough view to catch your breath. Our tour guide, Madison, vas very educational. Although I had been on a few other tours, I learned quite a few new facts about wine making, and wine itself. She began with the history, which I have never heard at the other wineries I had been to, and it really made the experience personal. it transformed a "wine party" day, to an intimate introduction to generations of excellence, reaching right to the rich soils of Germany. Madison brought us to the orchards to see the grapes up close and explained the maintenance required, harvesting timelines, flavour and harvesting techniques; showed us all of the machinery involved and the process, step by step, in which the grapes go through to finally become wine. Gus, our Wine Expert, brought us to a private bar (we were on the Connoisseur's tour) where we tasted 4 delicious wines! he explained the process of "experiencing" the wine with eyes, nose and palette, served us a DELICIOUS and luxurious cheese platter, and offered appropriate [airing suggestions. The birthday girl received the special treat of drinking from a glass slipper! Gus showed my mom first the easiest way to drink from a shoe and then we toasted the birthday girl with the decadent flavours of the Vidal Late Harvest Dessert Wine. Gus escorted us, after wrapping up our leftover cheese and crackers) to the store front where we made our purchases. I would recommend visiting Konzelmann Estates Winery in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a journey. Experiencing the relaxing environment, and discovering the passion within this family gem (spanning 6 generations!) was just a pleasure and I look forward to experiencing other tours they offer!

1  Thank Breanna G
Reviewed September 3, 2013

WE had a fabulous wine tour followed by wine tastings. Our guide gave us so much information and was very personable. I ordered a picnic lunch as a surprise for my boyfriend. Everything was set up on the observation deck and the manager walked us out. We got started on our salads as they heated our panini sandwiches. The basket lunch was a hit and the food was fabulous! The Reisling was very good. I highly recommend a stop to this beautiful building. And you can't go wrong with the picnic lunch!

1  Thank BuffaloCc222
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I came up from Buffalo on a Wednesday and chose to do 3 tastings. Konzelmann was by far our favorite in terms of the total experience. The location right on the water is breathtaking, the service top notch, and the wine was delicious- so much that I bought three bottles! We were served by Gus who was so humorous and friendly. We really appreciated how much information was provided and the tasting was very reasonably priced. Don't forget to check out the view from the upstairs tower!