“love the Italian food”

Ranked #63 of 578 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the summer of 1964, Giacinto and Laura Marinelli and their four sons Nicola, Vincenzo, Gabriele and Ugo, established the Four Brothers Restaurant on Ferry Street. In keeping with the old country's taste and traditions, they quickly asserted their cooking skills to create a prosperous restaurant business. In good time, Four Brothers became a staple in Niagara Falls, winning over the community one taste bud at a time. Eventually, Giacinto and Laura handed the business down to their sons, who each took control during various periods. Over time, Ugo acquired the restaurant and became sole proprietor. With his love for good food, his charisma, and his gracious hospitality to his dining patrons, Ugo accomplished his lifelong dream of owning one of the finest restaurants in Niagara Falls. In 1982, Ugo married his soulmate, Michelle. Joining forces, they presented their patrons with a first- rate dining experience. Four Brothers Cucina has continued to succeed due to the insistence of fresh, premier quality ingredients coupled with personal homemade touches. The establishment has remained a landmark. Sadly, in 1984 Ugo passed away suddenly, which left Michelle with the responsibility of the restaurant and caring for their infant son, Michael. The Marinelli family stepped in to assist Michelle during this difficult time. With strength and courage, the help of family and friends, as well as the staff at Four Brothers, Michelle was able to keep her late husband's dream alive and well. Today, the Four Brothers Restaurant continues to flourish, as both local residents and tourists experience the fine art of traditional Italian cuisine and a family-oriented dedication to food and service. The atmosphere at the Four Brothers is like a quaint family restaurant in Italy. "I serve my guests as I would my own family. I get fulfillment and satisfaction in seeing patrons who frequently return to dine at the Four Brothers" says Michelle. Michelle, along with her son Michael and her loyal staff (some with over thirty years of dedication to the restaurant) strive to continue the custom of offering fine Italian food and superior service to all their guests. With an excellent reputation for authentic Italian cuisine, Ugo's memory and dream live on through the Four Brothers, all amidst other restaurants in Niagara Falls.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

this is a great find, this restaurant has been around forever, a real nona's type Italian experience. don't judge restaurant by the dated decor, the food is excellent, service good, like eating at my nona's in Italy.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our family of 5 was only in town for 2 nights. Some others that had stayed at our vacation rental must have recommended this restaurant to the owner. I would not. For 4 adult meals and 1 child's meal, the total was $113. That is crazy if you ask me.

We came in early for dinner and there were not many customers seated yet. We thought that would be a good thing, that service would be faster, but that was not the case. Even with a less than half full restaurant, service was slow.

My daughter and I both had the lasagna. The pasta itself was good, but almost too plentiful. The sauce was quite bland. My son ordered the fettuccine alfredo. He thought it was okay. My husband ordered Spaghetti alla Marinara. It comes with different seafood in it...shrimp, clams. He thought most of it was pretty bland. Unfortunately, he was up most of the night with food poisoning afterwards. Our youngest son ordered the chicken tenders kids meal. The other kids ate some of it too and they thought it was the best meal on the table.

We were not impressed. I will tell the owner of the vacation rental to take this restaurant off his list!

1  Thank MNTeacherMom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friend and I are both locals. Now we know this city is populated by Italians, we have had some good Italian food at our friends' homes. Heck, I even make a mean homemade spaghetti sauce. I Got the $9 special. Not a bad price, but the food was so bland no favour and the sauce was watery. It was just different kinds of pasta all in the same sauce. It was also kind of cold. On the website it said the lunch gnocchi was $10 but they charged us $15 for it. I can honestly say my early days of experimenting with Italian cooking was better than this. Just sad that I saw such good reviews and ended up disappointed. Lunch wasn't busy at all, maybe that was the problem.

1  Thank Lilyxo1
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I were looking forward enjoying dinner at Four Brothers on August 13, 2013, but ended up regretting our decision. Other TripAdvisor reviews said this was the place to go for authentic Italian. I beg to differ. After ordering a glass of wine each, I ordered bruschetta to start. It never did arrive. The waitress said that the kitchen must have forgotten the order. I told her to forget it as well. My wife chose the veal cutlet sauteed in white wine and herbs ($20). We were told, (as the menu states) that it comes with spaghetti and salad. The salad was good, but there was no spaghetti. Instead she got a ramekin of store-bought penne pasta with sauce. The veal itself was overcooked and tough. I opted for the special of the day, which was advertised outside as steak and shrimp for $21.95. Again the waitress stated that it came with spaghetti, a skewer of shrimp and a salad. Again the salad was good but I also was served the store-bought penne pasta in the ramekin. So much for Four Brothers saying there pasta is all home-made. Trust me folks, it's not all homemade as other reviewers have stated. As for the shrimp, there were 4 butterflied breaded shrimp which can be bought at any supermarket pre-packaged. I requested the steak to be pink, not red inside. The waitress even wrote it down on the order. The steak came very red inside and I could barely cut it, since there was no steak knife offered. And to top it off, I didn't notice until we left that I was overcharged for my so-called steak and shrimp special. The sign said $21.95 and I was charged $24.95. Very disappointed in this restaurant and won't be going back. There are better places to eat in Niagara Falls.

2  Thank Eric H
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went in a group of about 18, with 5 separate checks - no problem. They gave us a room to the side (out of the main dining area), which was good with a bunch of 10-12 year old girls. The food was standard Italian fare; nothing too risky or remarkable but decent portions, taste and price. Very thin wine list, but not really fine dining anyway, so adequate. Would happily return.

2  Thank FrequentEater666