“Extremely bland food not quite sure why people rate this fine dining?”

Four Brothers Cucina
Ranked #83 of 560 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the summer of 1964, Giacinto and Laura Marinelli and their four sons Nicola, Vincenzo, Gabriele and Ugo, established the Four Brothers Restaurant on Ferry Street. In keeping with the old country's taste and traditions, they quickly asserted their cooking skills to create a prosperous restaurant business. In good time, Four Brothers became a staple in Niagara Falls, winning over the community one taste bud at a time. Eventually, Giacinto and Laura handed the business down to their sons, who each took control during various periods. Over time, Ugo acquired the restaurant and became sole proprietor. With his love for good food, his charisma, and his gracious hospitality to his dining patrons, Ugo accomplished his lifelong dream of owning one of the finest restaurants in Niagara Falls. In 1982, Ugo married his soulmate, Michelle. Joining forces, they presented their patrons with a first- rate dining experience. Four Brothers Cucina has continued to succeed due to the insistence of fresh, premier quality ingredients coupled with personal homemade touches. The establishment has remained a landmark. Sadly, in 1984 Ugo passed away suddenly, which left Michelle with the responsibility of the restaurant and caring for their infant son, Michael. The Marinelli family stepped in to assist Michelle during this difficult time. With strength and courage, the help of family and friends, as well as the staff at Four Brothers, Michelle was able to keep her late husband's dream alive and well. Today, the Four Brothers Restaurant continues to flourish, as both local residents and tourists experience the fine art of traditional Italian cuisine and a family-oriented dedication to food and service. The atmosphere at the Four Brothers is like a quaint family restaurant in Italy. "I serve my guests as I would my own family. I get fulfillment and satisfaction in seeing patrons who frequently return to dine at the Four Brothers" says Michelle. Michelle, along with her son Michael and her loyal staff (some with over thirty years of dedication to the restaurant) strive to continue the custom of offering fine Italian food and superior service to all their guests. With an excellent reputation for authentic Italian cuisine, Ugo's memory and dream live on through the Four Brothers, all amidst other restaurants in Niagara Falls.
Canada
“Extremely bland food not quite sure why people rate this fine dining?”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visited this restaurant and we were on a time restraint, as we had plans after our meal. We stood at the front entrance for 5 minutes before we were even approached, during this time, we met a patron who was leaving, and asked how the food was......she raved on and on about how it was out of this world, so we decided to try it. Since most places in Niagara are hit or miss.

I finally stepped further into the restaurant and made eye contact with an older lady who looked like she may be the owner, she asked if we needed a seat, we informed her we were on a time restraint, and she insisted that we would make our after dinner plans on time.

As we sat down, I wondered exactly why this place is reviewd as "fine dining" The waitresses were wearing black and white attire, ok yes, however paper napkins at the table, and the decor was burgandy and looked about from the 1970's. Even the candle holder on the table looked liked something my great grandmother would own.

The place had a very weird smell, I tried to figure out all night what this pungent odor was, it was a very musty type of smell.

The waitress came to our table, very pretty friendly young blond lady, who made small talk and made us feel welcome instantly, the restaurant was at full capacity and I must admit, they had two large parties, and even so, they were very attentive and quick on their feet, which we greatly appreciated.

We ordered salad and garlic bread, the salad was drenched in dressing, and my hubby did not finish it, the garlic bread was very dry with no cheese. We were starved so we ate it anyway.

Since the patron I made small talk with at the entrance made mention that the ravioi was the best, I decided to order that. Hubby ordered pasta with chicken breast. We also ordered wine, which was reasonably priced.

The ravioli came and was definately home made, they served about 8 or so giant ravioli stuffed with spinach and cheese. This was by far the blandest italian meal I have ever eaten, no seasoning, watery, sauce and bland, bland, bland. Didn't have the time to complain so I just ate it. For $15 which is a reasonable price, however the quality was lacking, so I would have to say it was over priced. Hubby had chicken breasts which were tender and well cooked, again, his pasta was also bland.

Overall meal came to under $70 tip excluded, and I felt it was overpriced for the quality of the food. I felt the staff was charming and welcoming, which is why I rated this establishment as well as I did. We would not return.

1 Thank CanadianGirl30

San Diego, California
“Good Italian Food In Elegant Ambiance”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Enticed by favorable T.A. reviews, we visited this restaurant, a local institution in the entertainment district since 1964. Free parking is available behind the restaurant.
Welcomed by the hostess, we were promptly seated and took notice of the classy traditional elegance elegance of the dining room. Waitresses were formally attired, and one promptly attended to us, clearly wanting to accommodate and to please. Of the food items we selected, the Insalata Mista was very good, the Ministrone soup, on the other hand, could use some help as it was bland with no Italian herbs or cheese and dominated by large chunks of potato and carrots. Our main dishes of fish with pasta and Marinara sauce and a chicken with pasta and Marinara were excellent, leaving nothing to be desired. Both portions were larger than each of us could completely finish. White and red house wine by the glass were fine and reasonably priced, as were the food items. All in all, the Four Brothers Restaurant offers a fine Italian dining experience.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Disappointed, but nice atmosphere”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband was craving lasagna. This restaurant looked like a classic old-time authentic italian restaurant. We were seated quickly. The service was quite slow though. The lasagna was just okay. The noodles were watered down and there was not much ricotta cheese so we were a little dissappointed. The prices were okay at $40 for two for dinner. I don't know what the other items are like because that is all we ordered. The atmosphere was nice and we had a window seat to watch people walk buy which was nice. Staff friendly, just very slow service.

Kent
“The best food anywhere ever”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was the nicest food and atmosphere in Niagra Falls. I don't eat pizza, burgers or fried foods. The four brothers was an oasis of good food. I had pork the first night and had to go back again for the chicken. The food and particularly the salad was very well prepared and it was obvious the best ingredients had been used.

Visited October 2012
Ontario
“Authentic Italian cuisine.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Old fashioned service, pasta made fresh in-house, best garlic bread I've ever had. I will make a point of going here again the next time I'm in Niagara Falls!