“Quality slipping?”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I have been to the Keg dozens of times over the years. By far, this has been an excellent and consistent dining experience. Tonight we visited the Keg on Hunt Club and for the first time, our experience was not as expected. The service staff were excellent as usual. The food portions were smaller than in the past and taste was OK. When the food becomes just OK, I'm disappointed. We were there quite early, around 5pm, so maybe being earlier than usual had something to do with it. I'm not ready to give up on the Keg yet, but really surprised that the usual consistency was not there for this visit.

1  Thank jrm058
Write a ReviewReviews (4,891)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

You pay for the location, but the food was very good and the service was excellent. Stunning views from almost every table. We had a combination of seafood and steak dishes - everything was good. The place was busy and a bit crowded, but the service was attentive and the noise was not a problem. Not a quiet evening, but very nice overall.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Went for a nice romantic dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The Keg does not disappoint but this time I was happy to eT and be on my way. The restaurant is huge and the noise levels are over the top. If you are okay with that type of atmosphere it is the place for you. The prices are more than the Keg back home so be prepared.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The food is expensive and not worth the money. My husband's steak was over cooked and lacked taste. Mine was okay, nothing great, just okay. For the price I was expecting awesome, not okay. Our view was terrible. No falls view what-so-ever. What we did have a view of was some not very well behaved children. The waitress was not very friendly. She took our order and we didn't see her again till she brought the bill. I would never go there again.

1  Thank iluv2travel2
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I read your website and it said that if you want a window table you need to reserve early. So I reserved early enough and mentioned to the person on the other end of the phone that this was an anniversary dinner for two. Reservation was made for 6:30PM. We arrived and were told that we would have a 1 1/2 hour wait for a window table and it was first come first serve. Furthermore we were told to sit in the bar and have a drink while you are waiting. Now, why take reservations if you are not going to honour the request of your clients? Why should your customers have to pay for drinks because of your inability to look after them? If you have a reservation for a set time, and it is not honoured, then it should be up to the Keg to provide a complimentary drink. It is totally different if you didn't have a reservation, but in this case, I specified a window table along with a set time. I was never informed during my conversation with the young lady on the phone that this was first come first serve, even if we had a reservation. If I would have known that, I would have definitely chose another restaurant, which there are some excellent restaurants to choose from in Niagara Falls. I must say, the food was good but as for having to wait for 1 1/2 hour when you have a reservation, is totally NOT ACCEPTABLE. Their is a reason why customers make reservations, so you should respect the reservations or simply let your customers know that we no longer take reservations. Even better, if a customer calls to make a reservation and you can't honour the time, let them know immediately that there could be a short wait. It's the proper thing to do. We have dined in many Keg restaurants in the past and have always had a great experience, but I must say Keg Fallsview was a big disappointment to a great day that we were having. Unless your policies change, unfortunately we will never return to this restaurant.

1  Thank DRC1953