“Fast Talk, Poor math”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Fast Talk, Poor math”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We two visited this Keg steakhouse as part of the host Embassy Suites package last month. Our waitress, tho quite pleasant, misled us as to the menu selections and inclusions and then "forgot" to credit our Embassy Suites voucher following my questions and despite her assurances that the proper amount would be deducted from the charge to our room. While Embassy Suites very nicely
corrected the "error" when I noticed the discrepancy at check-out, the Keg Mgr largely ignored my report for over a month and only replied after I reminded him of his promise to investigate the matter.
The great view failed to compensate for a so-so meal and shabby service that left us with a horrible taste. Other Kegs have proven far more enjoyable without the inflated Falls prices.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ohio
“Enjoyable dinner at The Keg”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I had 8pm reservations on a Friday night at The Keg. We arrived about 10 minutes early & they told us it'd be about 10-15 minutes, no problem.. it was quite busy so we expected to a wait a little. We were sat around 8:15, from reading other reviews I knew getting an actual Falls view table was like pulling teeth, so I didn't even bother to request one. It was night time anyway, as we were walking to our table we could see out the massive windows, all we could see was mist from the Falls, so it wouldn't of been worth the extra wait for a table by the windows. We were sat at a nice booth and our server came over shortly. She was friendly & informative. We each had a glass of wine and we got an order of the calamari for an appetizer. The calamari was a large portion, and was very good, I enjoyed the battered and fried pieces of peppers it came with as well, and the dipping sauces were very good! For dinner I had a special they were running, $2 of the purchased meal went to a charity.. it was a sirloin on top of some Brie with a chimichurri sauce on top, I was leery of the chimichurri sauce, but it was so good! I ordered my steak medium, it was more like medium rare, but I didn't bother to send it back I'm not that picky. I got a twice baked potato with it, which was SO good, we both loved it! My husband ordered the Thai Chicken with mashed potatoes and a mixed green salad. He really enjoyed his meal too, no complaints. I was actually surprised at the size of the portions, usually when you go to an expensive restaurant the portions are rather skimpy, but not here, neither of us could finish our meal! The bread was really good too!

The Keg was our one "splurge meal" and I'm glad we went there, it was very good and the prices weren't as bad as I was expecting. When we left around 9:30-10 it was still very busy & people were still waiting for a table.

• Visited November 2013
Newport
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

While visiting Niagara Falls we ate at the Keg Steakhouse & Bar. It is in Niagara Fall on the Ontario side of the falls. The view was breath taking and the food was awesome. The waiter was very accommodating. He gave us suggestions on the food and wine. The service was excellent.

• Visited October 2013
Gatineau, Canada
“Nicest view possible”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The food was your typical Keg food but the view was stunning. It was overpriced but the service was excellent, the food good and the view unbeatable. Would eat there again when in NF

Visited October 2013
“A huge and good steakhouse”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Enormous. seats 600. A very noisy but dynamic atmosphere.
A good view from the window tables.
Food, and particularly the service were excellent.
Pricing was reasonable.