“Not exactly what I expected”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Fallsview Embassy Suites
Ranked #25 of 553 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not exactly what I expected”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Not exactly what I expected. Food was ok. Service could be better. Busy place and understaffed. Can't blame the servers as they seem trying their best to keep up. You don't go to a restaurant for food only, but for an experience. I think that was compromised in this visit.

• Visited August 2012

• Turkish first
Vancouver Island
“Great Food and service”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Keg has a great menu. Service was friendly and attentive. We did not need to wait for anything. The food was well prepared and presented.
Totally satisfied.

• Visited October 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Not completely satisfied”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have eaten here a few times a year since it opened, and we always have the same complaint....you never get seated upon arrival. They do not accept reservations on weekends, so it goes without saying you must be patient and expect to wait for a table. However when I make a reservation for a special occasion during the week, and I have to wait any where from 15 to 30 min. for the table I reserved, I am not a happy camper. This has happened every single time I have been to this restaurant, whether it is a table for 4 or 10 people. When finally seated we are offered a free appetizer for our inconvenience, however, I would have much preferred to have been seated at the reserved time, instead of standing in the lobby..It really tarnishes the start of the evening.
As far as the steak goes, it is tasty and well presented, but no better than any other steak house in Ottawa for the money.
I will only return here when I have to attend as a guest of someone else.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Ray Y
Toronto, Canada
“Overrated. Steak at Arthur's is a lot better.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Paying more than CAD$100 per order is overrated for a kind of steak that I dream to eat. It would have been better if just bought the triple A steak at Costco and cook it at home.

Visited December 2011
Chagrin Falls Ohio
“Pretty Good Steak”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We visited the Keg in October so I suspect the crowd was less that it would be in June-September. My wife and I have two different cuts of steak and both were pretty darn good. Not the best I have ever had in my life but pretty darn good. I do travel frequently for business so I probably get more opportunities to taste good steaks than the average tourist traveler.

Some would consider the Keg to be expensive. Prices were what I expected. As with all the dining places in this area, plan ahead, make a reservation or plan on waiting for some time.

Visited October 2012