“best on the hill”

Beef Baron Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: As the four time winner of the "Restaurant of the Year" Award from the Niagara Falls Tourism Bureau, The Beef Baron has delivered great food at reasonable prices for over 20 years. Inside there are 3 distinctively different rooms featuring vaulted ceilings, high back booths and cherry wood covered walls.Our customers return again and again to enjoy our unique combination of sophisticated ambiance, superior cuisine and reasonable prices. Sample our specialty, Prime Rib, cooked to perfection the way you like it, every night of the week.The Beef Baron comfortably seats 360 guests in our four sumptuous rooms, each richly decorated with it's own theme. We offer secluded booths for those who enjoy privacy, as well as a children's menu for those who choose to visit 'en famille'. The Beef Baron is a fully licensed restaurant located only step above Clifton Hill and 2 minutes from Casino Niagara.*** PRIVATE DINING ROOM AVAILABLE FOR PARTIES AND GROUPS ***
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been eating here on vacation for many years. A lot of restaurants have come and gone this is the best on cliffton hill a little pricey but look @ the location

There are newer reviews for Beef Baron Restaurant

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been going to the Beef Baron maybe once every other year for the past 10 or 15 years, whenever I am in Niagara Falls, Ontario. I was originally attracted to the Beef Baron by the food - if you looked past the stuffy '70's era restaurant decor, you found really good beef prepared properly. The management has tried to update the decor (not managing to do it entirely for the whole restaurant), but the food is something else altogether. I thought the quality was not the same the last couple of visits, but tonight's meal was shocking.

I brought my partner to the Beef Baron today, telling her about the times I had come here with my friends in the past. We arrived around 5 pm, early in the dining evening, and were not entirely surprised to find the restaurant almost entirely empty. We were seated right away and our server was prompt and had a friendly attitude. The first hint something was wrong came from the nearest occupied table - the server there was apologizing for the poor food and promising that the manager would take the diner's meal off their bill. I was then reminded that the Beef Baron does not have any beer on tap - who nowadays serves beef without offering a pint of beer? I was also told that I could not have a mohito - apparently it was beyond the skills of the bartender to make one. I ordered a coke along with a prime rib and lobster tail dinner, while my girlfriend ordered a rack of barbequed ribs. We agreed to share some lobster cakes as an appitizer.

The cakes were served quickly and tasted OK, except for the fact that they didn't actually taste like lobster. The big disappointment came when the kitchen staff attempted the entrees. The ribs were simply overcooked, dry with a thin patina of barbeque sauce. My partner wanted to like them, but gave up after two ribs. The kitchen took three attempts at medium rare prime rib roast beef. The first attempt was clearly overdone, with no pink in the middle at all. The second attempt was raw - a bloody plate beneath meat that was well done in some places, rare elsewhere, and blue cold on one end. Perhaps they hoped that the "au jus" (gravy) slathered onto the meat would hide its condition. I sent it back to the kitchen and they apparently decided to fix the problem by throwing the meat I had just sent back onto the grill...thereby turning it into a well done steak. We gave up at that poiint. Graciously, the unseen manager (who did not at any point come to inquire into our dining experience) removed the entrees from our bill, and we gave the server a nice tip on the lobster cakes and drinks. The end result? My happy memories of the Beef Baron lie tattered, and I had leftover spaghetti at home for dinner. Warmed over pasta was cold comfort for this dreadful dining experience.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'm sure this is a lovely place to eat once you get here. However, trying to plan a wedding reception and get information from them is impossible. I wonder if that's any indication of what their service is like.
I have e-mailed twice and called twice for a group menu and have still received nothing. Guess they don't want a 20-person party in their restaurant in November! By my calculations, with food and drink, they've ignored a $2500 customer.
Needless to say, when we were in Niagara visiting potential venues yesterday, Beef Baron was scratched off the list.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We indulged in the Dinner for Two menu:

Two appetizers
Two meals
One dessert

for $60.

Not bad. Food was subpar to good. Pasta was great. Service was phenomenal. Our server was just dynamite. We had a good time, liked the ambience of the restaurant, quiet when we went so I could be biased. Very family friendly place from the looks of it. Good date place.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The kids eating free enticed us into this restaurant. Although slightly overpriced, getting the kids meals free made dinner very pleasing. Location of this restaurant is right in Clifton Hills. Although our waiter was a bit slow with refilling our drinks, the service was good. Our waiter was having difficulty with another family who demanded that their fries not be fried with anyone else's, or that there foods not come in contact with anyone else's, including their own family members....I believe he handled them well. We received our meals rather quickly. Started off with bread rolls with an olive oil/herb dipping sauce which my 7 year old really enjoyed. My husband ordered stuffed chicken breast which was tasty and I ordered the Cajun chicken breast which was delightful. My son ordered the sliced prime rib dish for kids which was greatly portioned and my daughter had the mini burger sliders. Our total bill including drinks ($4 each), taxes, and tourist fees came out to about $60 (not too bad for Niagara).

1  Thank cxntx