“Great Value”

Ranked #123 of 587 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Basell's decor might be a throw-back to the 70's but the food is great and well worth the money. Make sure you're hungry so you can finish your meal. Everything is "huge". I had the chicken finger special (9 pieces of chicken) and my husband had "The Capone". You have to ask for it because its not on the menu. Last time we were there our waitress said they had a huge sandwich called the capone so he had to try it. I swear it had 2 pork chops, 6 slices of cheese, real roast beef, bacon, ham and canadian bacon. Plus the usual lettuce and tomatoes. He ate the whole thing!! Our bill - under $25. You can't go wrong!

1  Thank funinmyrtle

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have been going to this place for years. Not much has changed (including the decor), the prices are still low, the portions are huge and the staff friendly. Breakfast is served all day, and honestly, you couldn't possibly leave this place hungry. I'll admit they use lots of butter in their food, so if you are looking for a 'low cal' nouveau cuisine type place, this isn't it. Everyday, they have great "prix fixe" menu with soup, entree and dessert (ice cream). It is always a deal, and their soups are amazing. If you like Canadian (peameal) bacon, you'll get your fill here, large meaty portions. Their steaks are great, the steak & eggs are fabulous. The owners are a Greek family and some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I no longer live in Niagara Falls, but I visit there at least twice every trip to the city, once for breakfast and once for lunch. BTW, they don't list it on the menu, but if you like Greek salad with at least a pound of amazing feta cheese, than ask the server, they are usually happy to make you one. You will definitely want to share this and if you have kids, seriously think about sharing, the portion are honestly huge.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Big and delicious plates particularly breakfast. Order HALF sides of home fries and Canadian bacon. Each slice of Canadian bacon is a small pork chop. Come hungry!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Had my first experience at Basell's this morning and it was well worth it. The waitress was very nice and chatted with us throughout the meal. Breakfast was terrific. We spilt a half order of homefries, which could've been a full order at another place.

The bacon was tasty and plentiful. Top it off with scrambled eggs and toast and we are not going to need to eat until much later today..lol

Whenever we come to Niagara, we will be having breakfast here. Great prices as well.....Looking forward to trying the fried chicken at dinner tonight.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I've been to Basell's for breakfast several times, but not recently. This trip was terribly disappointing.

Service was friendly but unacceptably slow. Items were forgotten.

When the food finally arrived, it was quite poor. My Canadian bacon was greasy and heavily salted. The pancakes had little flavour. The Western Omelette seemed to come from powdered eggs.

The portions are generous - too large, really. Most of us left at least half on the plate.